Chapter Fifteen

A few hours later.

Taehyung.

I didn't want to leave, I wanted to stay and fall asleep with my arms wrapped around her.

I wanted to wake up the following morning and eat breakfast together, spend more time getting to know her but that wasn't possible.

We spent two hours in the bath, whenever the water would turn cold she would reach across and fill the tub up again before moving back to rest between my legs.

I caressed her bare shoulders with my fingertips as she ran her own across my thighs, the two of just enjoying the company.

I didn't reveal too much about myself, she asked questions about my family and I simply said we didn't talk much.

She asked about my job and I told her that I worked for a software development company, it wasn't like I could tell truth.

She asked who I lived with and I told her about the guys, obviously giving them totally different names.

We spoke about hopes and dreams, our past and what we expected from life.

I've never done anything like this before.....it's just a shame it can't continue.

In a few short hours with this beautiful woman I've discovered that she's intelligent, passionate, witty and charismatic.

I've laughed along with her when listening to funny memories from her childhood, found myself getting angry when she told me stories of the times she's been hurt or betrayed and felt a sense of pride when she's told me of her journey through life thus far.

I know she's currently studying art history at Seoul university, that she made the move here after deciding she wanted to do something exciting with her life and was equally impressed to learn how she studied the language only a few years ago. I obviously knew she wasn't a local from the accent, on occasion she would also stumble over her words and pronunciation of them but apart from that she was a natural.

I discovered she was close to her family, missed them greatly but called them whenever there was time to spare.

I was relieved to discover the guy in my surveillance photos was actually her best friend and not someone she was romantically involved with, apparently his name was Cole and he was also studying art history.

I already knew she lived with the  heiress and suddenly remembered the mission....I'm guessing Jimin was successful.

I wondered if he was still here, the apartment was huge so the two of them could be hiding away somewhere indulging in the same activities myself and Y/N were.

I felt so incredibly guilty, hating myself and the mission.

Y/N told me she worked at the bar between classes and during the weekends to earn money for herself, she didn't really pay anything for the apartment as it was already owned by the spoilt  heiress who insisted that Y/N didn't have to pay for anything but she wasn't the type to sit around and not work.....I can definitely respect that about her character. 

Y/N liked coffee but preferred tea, she opted for sweet over savoury and of course I already knew about her love for anime, classical music and art.

It's crazy how in the space of one evening together we discussed so much, the thought of leaving her and never getting to see her again killed me but that's what inevitably had to happen because I refused to get her involved in my life. It's best to cut and run now because the longer we spend together, the more feelings develop....the more difficult it'll be to walk away.

I watched her sleep, hating myself for my dishonesty and cowardice.

"I'm so sorry....but you've got no idea how much tonight meant to me." I meant every whispered word, for one night she made me feel like a normal guy but it couldn't last.....even though I wished it could be different.

I carefully left her embrace and grabbed my clothes when suddenly a message came through to my phone

Jimin

Job is done, time to wrap up and head home. I'll meet you outside 😉

I furrowed my brow, guilt eating away at me as I got dressed.

On my way out now.

I typed back my response and turned to face her, she looked so beautiful....I didn't deserve her.

I pressed a kiss to her forehead and left without even leaving a note.