Chapter Fifty Seven

"Take a seat." Jin instructs as the two reach the lab.

Y/N gives a nod as she shuffles over to the nearest bench, eyes wide as she takes in just how much the place has transformed since she was here helping Hoseok clean earlier.

"Didn't take you guys long to get the place up and running." She gestures to all the new equipment.

"Ah, yeah. It didn't take me too long, we already have everything I need in storage so just needed to clean the place up and then set everything out exactly how I like it." Jin heads over to the sink and washes his hands, movements precise and methodical.

"Do you actually have a medical   qualification?" Y/N places her elbow on the bench, chin coming to rest on her palm as she watches the male dry his hands and pull on some gloves.

"I do, never really wanted the role of group medic but it's what my scores have me down as."

Y/N furrows her brow at this. "You take tests to determine your role?'"

Jin nods as he approaches, fingers gentle on her chin as he lifts it up to inspect the marks Jimin left behind.

"Yes, we all have to take the test when we come of age to determine what our role is going to be. It's a series of physical and mental challenges, turns out mine put me on the medical path."

"You wanted something different?"

Jin hums, fingers gently moving across her throat. "I wanted to be out in the field,  doing something similar as to what Hobi does. I'm good with people but according to the organisation I love the sound of my own voice too much, apparently that isn't what they're looking for when it comes to liaison. They wanted someone who is instantly likeable, someone who can form connections and draw information from the toughest of characters but during my testing them deemed me to be too arrogant and therefore would be more likely to piss people off."

"I don't know about that, you've been pretty nice to me so far." Her smile shifts to a wince as Jin presses down gently on one of the marks. "I take it back, that hurt."

Jin chuckles. "Sorry, just making sure there's going to be no lasting damage."

"So how did you end up joining the organisation?"

"Well, my story isn't as tragic as the rest." Jin drops his fingers to her clavicle, brow furrowed as he notices a small scar just below it. "I never knew my biological parents, they gave me up for adoption the moment I was born and then I spent years with a foster family. I was eleven when the couple who fostered me separated, it wasn't exactly amicable and I was left with my foster mother who grew to resent me. I was a constant reminder of her life before when she was happy and so she started to mistreat me, it was never physical but emotional abuse stings just as much as any physical blow."

"I'm so sorry." Y/N hates the suffering they've all been through, she may not know all their stories yet but she's sure they're all just as heartbreaking and she wishes she could take some of their pain, share the burden of it.

But why?

Why does she want to share the burden of seven men she doesn't even know.

Why is she so drawn to them.

She craves Taehyung's attention, he makes her feel safe.

She's drawn to Jungkook, feels this overwhelming need to keep him protected from anyone who wishes him harm.

Even though her interaction with Namjoon was brief she already feels this great respect for him, as though she desperately needs to prove herself.