Chapter Thirty Five

Namjoon was furious, did nobody listen to him anymore? What happened to working together as a team? What happened to respect?

He expressed his concerns to Yoongi, trusted that he would keep Taehyung away from Seoul and occupied with the mission.

Was that so difficult?

Where had it all gone wrong?

Namjoon didn't want to be the bad guy, he despised keeping them from living a normal life but what other choice did they have?

"Joon you asked to see me?" The rap of knuckles against his office door was enough to break him free of his troublesome thoughts.

"Yes, close the door behind you." Namjoon told himself to remain calm, repeated the mantra over and over as Yoongi stepped inside the room and did as he was asked.

The seven weren't connected by blood yet he loved them like a brother, he would gladly and without hesitation give his life to protect them but that didn't mean there weren't times when they didn't anger him and right now he was furious.

"How did this happen? I told you to keep a watchful eye over him at all times, all you needed to do was keep him away from Seoul and the woman who seems to be causing far too many problems for us."

Namjoon never once allowed his anger to get the better of him but Yoongi didn't miss the twitch in his jaw or the way he steepled his fingers underneath it, typical of his leader when he was attempting to regain composure.

Yoongi was an expert when it came to reading people, it was part of all their training but something he was far more experienced in due to the nature of his role within the organisation.

He needed to approach Namjoon with care, the last thing he wanted was to argue with his leader or cause him more stress.

"I'm sorry Namjoon, this was entirely an error in judgement on my part. I believed Taehyung was dedicated to the mission, we hadn't spoken of Y/N in days and he seemed to be getting better. I let my guard down for one moment and now I'm truly regretting that, I didn't realise just how strongly he felt for her."

Yoongi had never felt so humiliated, not only had Taehyung betrayed his trust but he had endangered the entire team.

"What he feels for this woman is nothing but infatuation, an obsession. Taehyung craves stability and normality and Jungkook desires to become more human, he's questioning his own existence and for some reason this woman is helping him do that. I don't trust her, I want her gone Yoongi do you hear me? This is how you can rectify yourself, this is how you can make amends for the total fuck show in Paris."

Yoongi had never seen Namjoon so incensed with rage, surely he wasn't saying to kill the girl.

"Namjoon."

"NO YOONGI THIS ISN'T THE TIME FOR YOU TO TALK BECAUSE I'M NOT DONE YET!"

Namjoon slammed his palms down on the glass surface of his desk, nostrils flaring.

"I work tirelessly day and night to keep all of you safe! Do you honestly think you're the only ones who have loved and lost?! Taehyung has known this woman for a few weeks, Jungkook has only just met her and yet they're already putting our team, our family at risk! It infuriates me that we're that easy to cast aside, one beautiful woman giving them attention and they lose all sense of honour! I don't want her dead Yoongi, that isn't my style and you know it. I want her gone, I want her out of Seoul and I don't care how you do it. I want you and Hoseok to track this woman down, find out where she lives and bring Taehyung back because it's pretty damn obvious where he is right now."

"Of course Namjoon, anything else?"

Yoongi knew it would be reckless and completely futile to argue with his leader, he needed to be compliant and get the damn job done.

Try not screwing it up this time.

"They're sending a team Yoongi, they're not happy with Jungkook and his disappearing act during his mission with Jimin. It's pretty clear cut, we hand Jungkook over without a fight and we get another chance to redeem ourselves."

"If we don't hand Jungkook over?" Yoongi questioned, eyes dark as anger swept through him.

They couldn't take Jungkook, he was part of their family.

"Then we go against the wishes of our beloved organisation." Namjoon's words dripped with sarcasm.

"We wouldn't stand a chance against the organisation, we're good but not that good." Yoongi dropped down in the seat opposite Namjoon, completely at a loss for what they were going to do.

"I can try talking with them, attempt to change their mind but we both know the possibilities of that working are slim to none. I can't lose you all Yoongi, you know what I'm saying right?"

Yoongi could hear the sadness in Namjoon's voice, it wasn't something either one of them was ready to discuss but he understood nonetheless.

"I know exactly what you're saying, hopefully that won't come to pass."

They both knew that it would.

"Bring Taehyung home, make sure the girl leaves Seoul and leave no mess behind. I've got a meeting with a contact, hopefully they can help with our Jungkook situation. I expect you to be successful Yoongi, I want updates and this time, don't let me down."

Yoongi's heart was heavy with guilt and regret, this was the first time Namjoon had ever been disappointed in him and it wasn't something he ever wanted to happen again.

"I promise to get the job done." Yoongi got to his feet, determined to make his leader proud of him again.

Just as Yoongi reached the door it flew open, a worried and in equal parts furious Jimin on the other side.

"Jungkook found out about Taehyung returning from Paris, he knew that he would want to see Y/N. I don't know how the fuck he did it because I was sitting right outside his door but the little shit escaped, I went to check on him and his room was empty."

Namjoon was losing control, his walls like their team crumbling down around him.

What was happening to them?

One day everything is fine and then the next everything is royally fucked up.

"Yoongi take Jimin with you and Hoseok, bring them both back and get rid of the girl."

"Yes Namjoon, come on Jimin."

Before Jimin could protest or ask what their leader meant by 'get rid of the girl' he was dragged from the office.

Once the door closed Namjoon sighed, fingers massaging his aching temples.

When had this started to go so wrong?

It was her, whoever this woman was she wasn't to be trusted and if Yoongi couldn't get the job done then he would get rid of her himself.

Why couldn't they just let Y/N go?

Why hadn't Yoongi been able to let Lilly go?

Namjoon reached inside the top drawer of his desk, pulling out a worn picture of what he had walked away from in order to keep the others protected.

He would do it all over again for them even though it broke his heart.

Why couldn't they do the same for him?

(( I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! If you did hit that star button and leave me a comment! Who do we think Namjoon left behind? Was he right to get so angry? Will Y/N leave Seoul? 👀 what do you guys hope to see in the next chapter? Let me know! 💜💜))