Chapt 33 Undisturbed Sleep

Jennie POV

The sound of my phone ringing woke me up. Normally I wouldn't have answered it but today I had an overwhelming feeling that I had to get it. As I picked up the phone, the sound of my best friend, Jisoo unnie from the other end rang in my ears. She informed me something but I couldn't pay my attention to it. All I knew, I was dumbfounded when I heard she last few words that came out from Jisoo unnie mouth.

"Jennie, Eunha has passed away. "

We gathered on the cold, dark, rainy afternoon. The rain had turned into a light drizzle not like on it's morning where the downpour was enough to let Noah's Art set sail again. The situation was so gloomy. At th same point, I manage to peek up to Jung's family. They were consumed by the bitterness and anguish at the lost of their daughter. I went through the burial and funeral service with withdrawn solitude. I can't associate what was going on. I felt like an audience. Yet at the back of my mind, I was aware that only me, Jisoo unnie, Jung's family and Lisa left at the meticulously arranged cemetery. I stood far from Lisa with Jisoo unnie beside me. Last night dream rushed down through my mind.

"Jennie, I'm sorry. " Eunha utters her apologize to me.

"No Jennie, Lisa is yours." I don't understand why she speak like that

"Promise me that you'll come tomorrow?" She doesn't bother to answer me.

"Please Jennie? " She pleads to me when I was still in hesitation.

"Okay. " I assured that to her.

"Promise? " She asks me again.

"Promise." I nodded and gave a faint smile to her.

"Thank you Jennie. " She hugged me me again and I hugged her back.

"Jennie, I need to go now. " She suddenly stands up from her seat. Seemed like she rushed to catch something.

"Why so sudden? " I was starled to see her reaction.

"It's time for me to go. " She caressed my cheeks and walked away.

"Eunha, I come here as I promised to you. " I hope she will hear me. Not even once I will think this way but now I realized, I dream about Eunha last night and she was actually telling me she will never come back after she said to me it's time for her to go. Some of you might I should be happy right? Because there will be no rival for me anymore? You are wrong, I am sad. I never felt this terrible sad in me. I don't know why but it's really heartbreaking with the lost of Eunha.

I divert my gaze to Lisa. There is a man beside her. Holding an umbrella for them and at the same time he looks like he is trying to comfort Lisa. I can't figure it out how is her condition as she is back facing me, staring down at the headstone that stood before her eyes. She covered her eyes with a dark shade and I bet, she used it to hide her eyes. Eyes that had cried too much. I can feel her pain. How does it feel when today she supposed to hear the ring of wedding bells but it turnee to be a mourn of grief? When today they were supposedly walk down the aisle, gloomy graveyard? I know, she mourns for the lost of her bride– to– be.

"Jennie are you okay? " Jisoo unnie touches my arms and brakes my reverie. She might notice that my eyes are all on Lisa since the beginning.

"Ne, I'm alright unnie. " I nod without looking to her. I know, she is so sad with the lost of her best friend too. Well, I am Jisoo unnie best friend and Eunha was her best friend too.

"Let's go home. " She says to me and starts to drag me along with her. We are sharing an umbrella and she is the one who holding it instead of me. The light drizzle still can make we drench to our skin.