Chapt 44 Mystery

"TWO MEN WERE KILLED AFTER THEY LOST CONTROL OF THEIR CAR AND LURCHED INTO DEEP CLEFT YESTERDAY MORNING. ACCORDING TO STATE POLICE , THE TWO MEN WERE THE MOST WANTED CRIMINALS WHO INVOLVED IN SERIES ROBBERIES AND MURDERER OF THEIR VICTIMS. THEY WERE ALSO SUSPECTED WITH THE MISSING OF LALISA MANOBAN, THE HEIR OF BILLIONAIRE CORPORATION AS HER IDENTITY CARD AND SOME OF HER BANK CARDS WERE FOUND ON THE SCENE. HOWEVER, THE STATE POLICE ARE STILL IN PROCESS OF INVESTIGATING THE CASE AS LALISA MANOBAN WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. ANYONE WHO HAD WITNESSED THE SITUATION OR HAVE THE INFORMATIONS ABOUT IT ARE REQUIRED TO GIVE YOUR FULL COORPERATION AND COME UP TO GIVE THE DETAILS TO THE POLICE. " Jennie reread the article excerpt.

It was three day ago newspaper. There's still not much development from the police's investigation. They still didn't manage to find Lisa. According to the police, there is high probability of Lisa being murdered by the criminals. Jennie in the other hands, wouldn't believe that. Not until they found Lisa's body and show to her the corpse.

"Jen, let's have your lunch? " Mrs. Kim comes into the room with a tray of meal in her hands. She has been staying at the villa with Jennie since Lisa was reported missing. Jennie is too weak to handle her misery life right now. She shut herself in the room, sitting alone on the bed while hugging Lisa's shirt . It was the last T—shirt that Lisa wore before she's gone missing.

"I cook your favorite porridge. Want to taste some? " Mrs. Kim tries to pursuade her daughter. Jennie doesn't utter anything from her mouth. She only shakes her head signalling that she's not even has the appetite to eat.

"Jen honey, you haven't eat for three days.." Mrs. Kim puts the tray on the small bedside table. She takes Jennie's hand and squeeze them softly. A mother's love and affection flows into Jennie veins.

"Lisa didn't eat too. " Jennie murmurs weakly. Her eyes are wide open but her gaze is blank. Mrs. Kim scans through her eldest daughter face. Jennie had dark eye bags under her eyes most probably she had crying too much or lack of sleep.

"Jen, don't be like this. If Lisa knew it, she will surely feels sad. "Mrs. Kim can't bear to see her daughter suffering. She brings her hands to Jennie head and fondless her hair  lovingly.

"Rosé is right Mom. I only bring  misfortune in Lisa's life. " Jennie tone is flat. Most likely she feels hopeless . Rosé voice kept raging in her mind.

"If you really love Lisa, you should pray for her safety not to blame yourself for what had happened. " Mrs. Kim also remembers how Manoban's eldest daughter cursing and accusing Jennie the other day. Jennie was taken back with her mother words.

"Where would to find Lisa, Mom? I know she's still alive." Jennie diverts her blank gaze to her mother. There are no tears on her face. They are already drained.

"I don't know either, Jennie.  Let's pray to our Almighty, if she is still alive He lead Lisa way back to us. " Mrs. Kim said. Jennie realizes her mother is indeed true. All happened to her life right now is only one piece of test from God. He wanted to know how they would react, how would they handle it and the most important is, how would they come out with the lesson learnt from it.

"My instincts told me that Lisa is still alive Mom. Lisa is still alive." Jennie grabs  Lisa's shirt again. She takes it close to her chest and hugs the shirt as if she is hugging Lisa. She misses Lisa so much.

TOK—TOK—TOK . Someone knocks the bedroom door. Mrs. Kim is the one who get to look for the person at the door.

"Mrs. Kim, the police officers would like to meet Ms. Jennie. " Jennie hears that it's Uncle English. He has some conversation with Jennie's Mom, perhaps informing her the purpose of the officers visit. Within the three days of Lisa's missing, this it the first day for the police officers to come to this villa.