Chapter 20

Niki's POV:

So I head out to my workplace; went inside, and started heading to my boss' office. Luckily, I wasn't that late for coming into work. All I did was just getting ready, and also embracing Michael. He is like my only support. Michael just knows how to make me feel better, like right away. I'm so glad to have him in my life.

When I entered into my boss' office, he was staring out the window. I can only see the back of his chair. "Um hello," I said, feeling unsettled. "I promised I would come."

He turned his chair around, and he is now facing me. His gray hair is all neat; nothing receded anways. His face doesn't look like it aged. He was somewhat of good looking guy. He stands up from his chair, and walks in front of his desk.

He leaned against it, and rests his hands on top of the desk. "You wanted to see me sir, so here I am," I said. "So what is it that you wanted to tell me?"

He looks down at feet, and looks up to face me. "I know that you weren't qualified to write and create the magazine," he said. "But since you did an excellent job, and you helped us became a top seller, I think I'm gonna promote you to write and make the new cover, for the magazine industry."

My eyes opened really wide, as my boss offered me th job. "Are you sure, boss," I asked, making sure.

"I'm sure, Ms. Gardner," he answered. "After all, you're one of my favorite workers in the industry business. "

"This is great, boss," I said, feeling astounded. "Thank you! Thank you, so much!"

I hugged my boss so tightly, that he was coughing. "Ms. Gardner, you're choking me!"

I released my grip and said, "I'm sorry. It's just that this is the best job that you have ever offered to me."

He smiled and said, "Well you have been a hard worker, and I say that you are a gifted girl. Elizabeth is right. You should never waste your talent. However, you won't start right away. I have something else for you."

I arched my eyebrows and said, "What is it, sir?"

"Well I also took the liberty to take Elizabeth's advice," he said, while laughing softly. "Since you worked so hard, I decided that you will get a raise, and you will take a vacation."

"Alright," I yelled in excitement.

"However," he intrude. "When you're done with your vacation, you do need to go to college so you can get qualified. That's why I'm letting you take it online, so you'll continue to work with me."

I smiled brightly and hugged him again, but this time, I didn't hug him too hard. "Thanks boss," I said. "It's a deal. So when do I start my vacation?"

"You'll start, right now," he said, brightly. "You need it. After all, I believe your loved one is waiting for you."

I blushed a little when he said that. "Uh... uh huh. Yeah, sir," I said, feeling a little embarrassed.

He laughed and said, "Now, go on. I'll see you soon."

"See ya, boss," I said, while waving goodbye and left his office. I ran with glee, as I got off the building. Michael was right. Something good did happen. Now, I can't wait to tell Michael about this.