Chapter 8

Michael's POV:

Ten minutes later, we arrived at a restaurant called "KFC's." We couldn't go food shopping now, because our stomach was growling like crazy. When we got into the restaurant, the food inside smelled so delicious, that I was in a daze, while drooling. "Um Michael," Niki said, when she looked at me in a concerned way.

"Yes, Niki," I said, feeling lost in my own world.

"You're drooling."

"No I'm not. I'm in heaven."

"Maybe you should come down to earth, and see for yourself," she said, giggling.

I snapped out of it, and felt my own mouth. Aaaw man, I thought. I was drooling while I'm in heaven. I'm embarrassed.

I rubbed off the drool, and I felt my cheeks all flushed again. Oh great, I thought again. I really let myself embarrass in front of a girl, a bunch of times.

Niki giggled and pinched my cheeks. "We'll sit over there," she said, pointing to that empty seat.

So she led to me to the empty seats, where there was a window nearby. "Just sit tightly," she said. "I'll order some chicken wings for us to share."

She left to order some chicken wings. I was blushing when she said the word "sharing." Wow, I thought. I really am in love with that girl, even though my tastebuds are tingling for chicken wings.

Niki's POV:

Michael sure has been blushing alot. He does look cute when he blushes. Not only that, he is funny and adorable. I can see him playing with his fingers, while I'm waiting in line. He even gave me a friendly wave. I waved him back while giggling.

When it was my turn in line, I simply ordered twenty-pieces of chicken wings, and two orders of large Pepsi soda. Few minutes later, I got our order and brought it to our table.

Michael's POV:

I picked up a chicken from the chicken bucket. I looked at it with concern. "Come on, try it," Nicki said, as she took a bite of a chicken wing. So I ate the chicken, and I paused. My tastebuds were watering like a waterfall running down, from my mouth.

Nicki's POV:

I stopped eating my chicken wing, and looked at Michael. He was in a daze. Oh no, I thought. He's in chicken heaven, again.

When he stopped daydreaming, he looked at his chicken and gobbled it down like a pig. After he ate his first chicken wing, he ate another chicken wing. One by one, he gobbled it down. "Michael," I said, putting my hand down on his. "Don't eat it too fast. You'll choke yourself. Besides, I bought twenty pieces of chicken, so we can save some for dinner."

He laughed in an awkward way, and he was blushing. Wow, I thought. He cannot help but blush. At least he looks adorable, like a little kid.

I smiled at him, and somehow my knee brushed his knee. I was blushing as well. However, I can feel this tingling sensation. Somehow, I liked it. I guess it's because I've been so lonely for a long time, and I'm sitting across from a guy who's cute, funny, and sweet. I think I'm starting to have feelings for him.

Michael's POV:

After we ate our lunch, we went food shopping. Even though we didn't make a list, we just grab the things we need. Nicki also bought random ingredients, just so if she decides to make something. I just hope it's something good she'll make. Maybe she can make some chicken wings. Ok, maybe I should stop thinking about chicken wings, and move on. Otherwise, Niki will tease me.

When our shopping was done, we went back to her apartment. I felt really exhausted and full. I lie down on her couch, and sighed in relief. At least we're done with our inventory. Nicki saw me and giggled at my expression. I think everytime she giggles, I blush. I guess the reason why I blush is because of her cute laugh. I have to say, it is adorable.

When night time arrived, it was time for us to go to bed. We slept on the same spot. "Michael," Nicki said, as she lies down and turns to see me. "I really had fun with you. I don't want you to feel bad, but the truth is I really had fun, with you."

My eyes widened and said, "Really?" She nodded her head.

"You really not a bad guy, Michael," she said as smiles at me.

I can see her blushing. "I don't know what to say," I said. "I never felt much appreciated in my life. Thank you, Niki."

"Why don't you sleep closer to me," she asked.

I was atonished at what she said. I inched closer and closer, and met her face. Niki smiled at me and said, "Goodnight, cutie!"

She kissed me in the cheek, and I said, "Goodnight, angel."

Nicki turned off the lights, and we drifted off to sleep, until few minutes later. Niki wraps her arm around my back. I felt my cheeks warm, and smiled. Then, she started to cuddle me. She really must like me. She did confessed that she really had a good time. As I felt Niki's warmth on her body, I drifted off to sleep once again, and had a goodnight's rest.

I'm not sure if you like this chapter or not. I was running out of ideas. I promise the next chapter will be great. Take care guys!!