Chapter 6

Michael's POV:

Finally, we arrived at Florida! The bus stopped at a station, and I had to wake Niki up. "Niki," I whispered while patting her cheek. "Niki, wake up. We're here!"

She made a cute yawn, and was wiping her eyes. "Is it morning already?"

"Yeah," I said, feeling excited. "And we're already here, in Florida!"

"Really," she said in amazement. I nodded my head. She hugged me so tight and said, "This is great! Soon we'll get to see your daughter!"

I was blushing, and yet I still feel guilty. Maybe I'll try to distract ourselves, by having some fun. I never get to see the world, and this is the first time getting out of my house. When we arrive at the station, Niki and I were waiting for the cab to come by. While we were waiting Niki said, "We'll rest in my appartment."

"You bought an appartment," I asked in amazement. "Wait what's an apartment?"

Niki made a gaping expression. "Wait," she said. "You don't know what an apartment is? Where have you been?"

I shut my eyes out, afraid of the humiliation. "I'm sorry," I said, looking away. "It's just that I haven't been out of the house, for a very long time."

Niki covered her mouth with her hands and said, "Oh Michael, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to judge you. Wait! If you haven't been out of the house, then where did you get all the money from?"

I let out a deep breathe and said, "My family pitched in to help me, by giving me some money. Right now, I have a few dollars left. I don't know how to repay you."

She put her palm on my cheek and I turned. Niki said, "You don't have to worry about it, Michael. I only care about helping you, that's all. You will get back on your feet one day, and that is helping you find your daughter."

I smiled and hugged her tightly. "Thank you, Niki," I said, embracing her.

"No problem, Michael," she said, embracing me back.

Few minutes later, our cab arrived. When we finished putting Niki's luggage, she told the driver the address of her apartment. We arrived thirty-minutes later, and the building was so tall. I even saw a pool, out in the back. I felt so amazed by how Niki can afford it. After her luggage was out, Niki saw my amazment and said, "You can amaze it later. Come on!"

I helped her carry all of her luggage, and we head inside. The inside of the appartment was so grand, but plain. Once again, I don't know how can she afford it. She grabbed her keys to her own appartment and said, "Let's go Michael!"

We arrived inside her appartment room, while carrying her luggage. The inside of her appartment was already decorated with furniture, carpet, and paintings. It was already set before we came in "This is amazing Niki," I said, while putting her luggage on the floor. "But I don't understand how you can afford it? You must've had big money, and already set it up before we even came in."

"You pretty much got it, Michael," Niki said while giggling. "My parents gave me a huge amount of money to start my living, since my parents are very wealthy. They just did that, so that I can start an easy living. We bought the appartment few months ago, and we already set everything up. Now I just need to repay them, by getting a part-time job."

"Oh," I said.

"No need to worry," she said. "At least for now, we're good. As long as we spend our money wisely, we'll be alright."

I let out a big sigh of relief. All this adventure is starting to make me feel tired. Niki read my body language and responded, "I know how you feel. I'm tired to from this adventure, too. We'll get some rest."

Niki led me to her room, and it was already set up as well. Boy, I thought. She was not kidding about having a head start.

She plopped into bed and said, "You can rest here." Niki was patting her side of the bed, indicating that I can sleep on her side of the bed. I smiled and plopped into bed, as well. "It's been a long day. Just get some rest, Michael."

"Okay," I said. "Sweet dreams!"

She giggled softly and said, "Sweet dreams."

We both drifted off to sleep, and felt relaxed until the afternoon.

Stay tune for more adventures. Getting good!