Chapter 27

Niki's POV:

It felt good after Michael and I had our romance, together. Of course we weren't that busy, but we were always exhausted doing fun stuff like going to the mall or the amusement park. Now that we're done with everything on the list, there was one more thing that we had to do. We're planning to go to the beach, and stay their for five days. It would be great to go somewhere exciting and relaxing. It's nice to get away and unwind everything. However, things were starting to spur as we watched the news.

As I woke up and headed towards the living room, Michael was in shock as if a ghost from  his past came back. I watched some chubby, gray haired guy wearing glasses talking to one of the news reporter. "He claims that a mysterious man is trying to haunt families and their children," the reporter said. "He wants to hunt that man down and bring justice to all, who are a victim to the mysterious man's behavior."

I looked at the gray haired man's face. It seems that he's hiding something. I used my powers to sense it, and it turns out that that's the Mayor, who was trying to destroy Michael. And it looks like the Mayor is trying to use the media to give Michael a bad reputation. That naive Mayor! How dare he insult Michael. 

I look over to see Michael all curled up like a ball, and looked frightened. There was something going on, and Michael is hiding something from me. I must not use my powers until Michael tells me what's going on. If I did, things will get worse. I must act now, or things will get even worse.

I turned off the TV and approached to Michael. I knelt down, placed a hand on his arm lightly and said, "Baby, is there something that you need to tell me?"

Michael looks down and shook his head. I tried to take a look at his face closely and talk in a low voice. "Honey, there's something that you're hiding. You have to tell me."

Michael's POV:

I look up slowly at Niki's face. My eyes were getting teary eyed, but I blinked a several times to hold back sadness, in my eyes. I took a deep breath and sighed, saying, "Alright... I will tell you the truth."

Niki waited patiently for me to answer, as I was being hesitant for a bit. Then, I broke the silence. "The mayor found my weakness, in order to defeat me."

"Wh-what's the weakness that the mayor found out," Niki said, feeling a bit shaky.

"I must tell you that it's very dangerous for me. You must not hold it against me. Please, love?"

Niki nodded slowly and said, "Ok, I promise."

So then, I took a deep breath and continued. "The mayor has this stone called the Demonite, which can make a ghost, or in this case..." I gulped a bit, afraid to tell her something that I never told her, for a while. "A ghost in human form, to make them feel weak and powerless." 

Niki widened her eyes a bit, and stiffens her shoulder. "What?!" she exclaimed. 

I nodded my head again, real slowly with regret. I couldn't see her face, because I was afraid of what her reaction will be. I'm afraid to have another fight again, like last time. I don't want our relationship end, because of everything that I kept inside me. I feel like walking away and cry in a forest, where no one could bug me or hear my sorrows. 

Niki touched my shoulder lightly, and tries to get a look at my face. "Why you didn't tell me, when you were talking about the mayor situation," she asked, in a low voice. 

I couldn't say anything else. I was hesitant for a moment and stand up slowly, trying to reach for the door. Niki grabbed my shoulder lightly and asked, "Where are you going? You didn't answer my question." 

I stood for a moment again, and didn't answer. Niki felt pretty tensed and said, "Why can't you answer me?!" 

Anger swelled up inside of me, and turned to face her with red eyes. "Because I don't want you to think that I'm a monster," I yelled at her face. 

I speed walk out of our apartment, left her all alone with no answers. After I left our apartment, I feel a little guilt inside. I don't know what I'm thinking, but I just feel sick inside. Everything is just tearing me apart. 

Niki's POV: 

What just happened here? All of a sudden, Michael kept a secret from me, and then he yelled at my face. I've never seen Michael that upset. This is just like that fight we had, before.He should've been open and honest with me. I am a bit upset and hurt, but not a lot. Beside, I'm Michael's soulmate, and I have to help him no matter what. I can never leave him alone like this. He means so much to me. I must find him. 

I ran fast as I can and started to find him, like searching the seven seas to be near him and happen to see him...