Chapter 14

Michael's POV:

I was watching TV, for a half an hour. I wonder where Niki could be. She can't leave me alone in her apartment. Why am I worrying about her, anyway? Besides, Niki probably hates me for what I have done to her. I shouldn't be worried about her. I'm trying to take my mind off of her.

While I was watching TV, Niki came inside. She closed the door gently, this time. Niki didn't look at me, or talk to me. I stared at her, with no reaction. Then, I went back to watching some TV. Although, I wished she would talk to me. Maybe inside, she feels better. Once again, what do I care? I should keep my mind off of her. However, I still have mixed emotions.

Niki's POV:

I wish I could talk to Michael, but I'm too scared to talk. I sensed that he has mixed emotions, as well as I do. My feelings were hurt inside, and I don't know what to do. I think I have a bigger chance to get yelled at, by Michael.

As I was setting dinner up, I looked at Michael and said in a low voice, "Dinner's ready, Michael."

He looked up at me, and turns off the TV. Michael sat down on a chair, and began eating. Michael didn't make a peep. He just slowly eats. I sat down slowly and began eating, as well.

It was an awkward silence, just as I predicted. We just eat and played with our food a little. Finally, I was done with my dinner first. "Well Michael," I finally said. "I'll be going to bed, now. Just wash your plate when you're done. Goodnight."

I got up and washed the dishes. Then, I washed my hands, and left the kitchen. Still, Michael did not make any sound. I entered inside my room, and closed the door behind me.

I took a hot shower, brushed my teeth, and got dressed. I wore my grey sweatpants and a plain, peach T-shirt. When I was done, I looked at the window of the night sky, and sat on my little throne near the windowsill.

I didn't feel tired at all. My mind was too depressed to sleep. I'm afraid to have nightmares, and have my feelings shrouding in my head. As I looked at the night sky, I brought knees up and rest my chin on it. Then, I turned my head to see the night sky, again.

I sighed; feeling alone in my own little world, as I gaze upon it. My memories were coming back to me; the memories of being unwanted, and how I feel different from everybody.  All of a sudden, I began to cry silently.

Michael's POV:

When I was done with my plate, I washed it and then washed my hands. After that, I layed down on the couch, and grabbed the blanket that I had earlier, to wrap myself around.

I rest my head on the armchair, as I gazed upon the ceiling. It's not the same without Niki. I missed her eyes, her warmth, and her sweet smile. What did I do to myself? I can't even think straight, since I'm here. I shouldn't have come here in the first place.

I should've just stayed back at my mansion, and have the mayor destroy me. Who cares anyway? I've already caused so much trouble. Nobody needs me. People just misunderstand me, for nothing. As I was trying to close my eyes, I heard Niki crying.

I don't know if I should go in there, and help her. I mean, I'm not sure what to do. Then, I sensed that Niki does miss me. She no longer have mixed emotions. Niki is just sad.  Well, I thought. It looks like I have no choice but try to talk to her and comfort her. After all, she's the only one who needs me, and I need her as well.

I'll write the next chapter tomorrow. My brain is starting to feel tired. I promise to write more. Stick around...