Epilogue

Niki's POV:

Within a year, everything seems to be normal and more excitement was in the air. Michael was already recovered from that vicious battle with the mayor. We would never get to see that blasphemy mayor, all thanks to me and the power of love. Michael is still right by my side, and he would no longer be hurt anymore. In fact, news reports were saying that the mayor was missing. The only thing that was left behind was his clothes and his glasses. Michael and I have planted them there, in his house. We also left a note, saying:

I have been a mediocre long enough. I cannot move on with my life, knowing that I've been hurting people. It's time for me to escape. I must go, and never return. You can call me some bad names, but I'm gonna make change by starting all over. See you in                                                          
Signed,     
The mayor of Normalville

It was the best that we can do, in order to prevent from the media to go lurking for us, and also suspect us from any suspicious activity. No one can understand the burden that Michael and I have been going through. The mayor was the one who had made it even worse, for Michael. For me, I was been called the alienated girl, in the past. I had been loved only from my grandfather. Now, I have Michael. With each other's arms, we can encounter anything and use our power for good. The power of love, that is.

Along with the fact that Michael and I being safe, I have finally got my degree on fashion designing. I have also been doing special projects around the world, and came up with great ideas for the company. Michael have been tagging along with me on special projects, and he really enjoys it very much. People have been praising me for great ideas, and my boss really had given me high expectations. He was really proud of my work, and helped the company to be better than ever. My boss also tells me that by the time he retires, he will give the company to me, since I know I can take better care with it.

And with that, everything seems to get better and better. However, there was one more thing that was left, to this excitement. We were already at the beach, staying at a nice hotel when something surprising happened.

Michael's POV:

Hope my plan is going to work, though. This is pretty much my surprise to Niki, since she means so much to me. We were relaxing in our lovely hotel room, and I suddenly asked, "Hey Niki. How about if we  go for a walk on the beach?"

"Sure, Michael," she said, smiling over to me. "At least the sun doesn't set, yet."

"Mhm, but first thing is first. I want you to wear that outfit that I picked out for you. It would look nice on our walk, to the beach."

Niki's cheeks were flushing a bit red, and smiles playfully. "Oh you," she says, and hits me with a pillow playfully. She heads inside the bathroom to change, while I had to make a quick change into my long-sleeved, blue t-shirt, and dark jeans. As I wait, Niki comes out of the bathroom, with a crop up, sleeveless, peach shirt, with long, blue silk skirt, and a small opening on the skirt. She even wears that dark blue hat, that we saw on display. "How do I look," she asked, with a smile.

"Very beautiful," I replied happily, smiling back at her. I take her hand, and rubbed the back of it with my thumb. "Shall we walk under sunset, m'lady?"

Niki giggles softly, and rests her head against my shoulder. "You're such a charmer," she teases. "Of course we can."

For a while, we have been walking and talking on the beach. Finally, the sun was setting, and it was my time to make my move. I walk Niki over to the one spot, and we were surrounded by rose petals. I stopped and take both of her hands. Niki was giggling softly and said, "Baby, what's this for?"

"For being the love of my life, my love," I answerd. "You have been with me through thick and thin, and you even saved my life. I'm not being greedy here. I could not leave by your side, and you showed true feelings for me. That is the first time that I have ever seen, in my life. And thus, I wanna ask you something."

I kneel down on one knee, and brought out a box. Niki slowly takes it and opens the box; containing a diamond ring. Her mouth was agape, and covers her mouth. "Read on the etching of the ring," I said.

Niki looks at it and finds it. What it says, Will you be mine, forever? Tears of joy streams down her cheek, and nods. "Yes," Niki, croaked. "Yes, I will be with you forever!"

With that, I stand up and she hugged me, as I hug her back. She joyfully cries and pulls away a bit, to kiss me deeply. I kissed her back, as I keep her close to me. Now we're finally in unison, and we can never grow apart. We would always keep each other in our hearts. It's a new beginning for us, I thought, as Niki and I continued to embrace each other over the sunset.

I hope you all enjoyed my fanfic, and love my conclusion. I may or may not continue this story. There are other stories that I would wish to write. But anyway, it has been a long run with my fanfic. Thank you all for reading and voting my story. Stick around for more fanfics, to read! <3