Chapter 1

Michael's POV:

Well I'm on the run by trying to runaway, from being hurt. I left my house to get into the real world. I never left my house for a very long time, yet the world feels so cold. I left everything behind, including my family. My family are ghosts. They've been with me through thick and thin. Everytime I've been hurt by the people from Normalville, my family comforts me. Now that the mayor of Normalville tried to threaten me with his secret weapon, I had to leave and find somewhere else to go. Not only that, I don't want anyone to suspect me, so that the mayor won't find me. The question is where? Now I'm at a bus station, and I saw the list of places to go. Then I found something that caught my sight. The place called Florida caught my sight. It sounds interesting to me, and I thought, "Hey! What am I waiting for?" So I went up to the ticket booth and said, "One ticket to Florida, please." Maybe one day, I'll get used to the new world, and hope I'll meet someone one day. I just hope the person, who is out there would understand what I have been going through, and won't think I'm a freak. Maybe my wish will come true, one day.

Niki's POV:

I'm finally starting a new life of my own; far away from my parents and everyone else, who used to bug me and who don't understand me. I'm on my way to Florida to go to college. However, I don't know what my life will be. I just picked a place that's far away from my parents, so they won't have to nag about my future. At least I'm away from hurt and burden. I can finally be myself, and find someone who can totally understand and care about me. There is a reason why I said I can be myself again, and that is I have a gift. I have powers that no one can understand. Ever since my parents found out, they feel distant around me. At a young age, I found out I had powers, and people from my age started to not hang around with me. Through out my life, people from elementary to highschool spread rumors around me. My parents tried to change schools for me, for the sake of my future. I began to control my powers at the age of 10, all thanks to my grandfather. Now that my grandfather passed away, I felt empty. Now that I'm away from home, I will find someone who can take my grandfather's place. It will take time to find someone who cares for me the most. I just hope he's out there. I just hope he'll be there.