Chapter 23

Niki's POV:

I have to cheer Michael up. Ever since that vision he had, he was afraid to loose me and be humiliated. I have to think of something, that could take it off of his mind. But how?

While Michael was in bed moping around, I was reading my newspaper, and saw a discount on tickets to Six Flags. This wouldn't be so bad. I just hope it can cheer him up. After all, he does have an inner child inside his heart.

So I brought the newspaper with me and head inside my room, to wake up Michael. I shook his shoulder lightly. "Michael," I whispered. "Michael, wake up! I have a surprise for you."

Michael's eyes were fluttering open, and was all red. He groans and said, "What? What is it?"

I showed him the ad for Six Flags, and looked confused and a little dumbfounded. "I was thinking maybe we can go there, just to clear our minds," I said.

"I-I don't know," Michael said, feeling a little edgy. "I don't feel like going anywhere."

"Michael..." I scolded. "If your gonna spend the rest of your life in bed, you will be missing out all the fun and be sorry. So get dressed and be ready! You hear me?"

"Alright, mother," he mumbles, and went inside the bathroom. "I heard that," I yelled, and shakes my head playfully while laughing.

Michael's POV:

What is up with her? I don't see why I have to get up, and get ready. We're just going to some kind of attraction. There's nothing exciting about it. Although, it does look interesting. I know what Niki's trying to do, but it just seems that I'm a little bit too stubborn.

I'm just still afraid of the fact of being in danger and humiliated. Moreover, I'm just not sure if the mayor is out there. He could come at any day, or any minute. I think I'm getting paranoid by this. Maybe I should lighten up, a bit.

I only wore my white T-shirt, and some jeans that Niki picked up at the clothing drive. If only I had more clothes to buy, though. I feel like I've been wearing the same thing, over and over again.

Well, I haven't been going out much. This is the first time I've been going out, since we went to that KFC restaurant. I really miss those chicken wings. If only I had them, right now.

As I got ready, I saw Niki wearing her red and white sports T-shirt, with jean shorts on. I smiled a little and said, "Let's go!"

Niki's POV:

At least I boost Michael up a little bit. He figured it out that I'm doing this, for his own good. As we finally arrived at the famous amusement, he was dumbfounded at the place and was filled with glee. "It's amazing," Michael said.

"I know you would love it," I said.

He looks around and points at the roller coaster. "I want go on that one," Michael said, in a childish way.

Michael was jumping up and down, and tugged on my sleeve. I was laughing and said, "Ok, ok. Just hold your horses."

He grabbed my hand and ran like a little child, while I'm his mother. It's great to see him smiling and having fun, at the same time. Wait until he apologizes, I thought, and laughed at the thought of it. He'll be so sorry for doubting me.

Michael's POV:

We finally arrive at the roller coaster. I was so ecstatic when we were getting on the ride. As we sat inside the ride, I can see Niki's legs trembling a little. I can literally hear her heartbeat racing fast, by using my my powers to hear.

I placed my hand on her knee and she looked up; feeling relaxed and a little calm. "Don't be afraid," I said, in a low and calm voice. "I'm here with you, sweetheart."

Niki smiled and the ride starts to move at a slow pace. "I can't believe it's happening," she said, feeling a little nervous.

"I know," I said, getting all excited, a little. "But don't worry, though. All you have to is..."

As we reached to the top, we descended down really fast. "Have fun," I screamed, finishing the sentence while we descended.

The ride was blazing fast, as we were going on loopty loops and hills. Niki and I were screaming at the top of our lungs, but with great excitment.

When the ride was over, Niki and I were panting like crazy. We got off the ride all shaky and dizzy. "That was the best ride, ever!" Niki yelled, in excitement.

"Totally," I agreed. "This has been the best, so far!"

"Wanna go on all the rides?!"

"Who can deny that?!"

We've been through all the rides, like the carousel, bumper cars, and the Ferris wheel until sunset. Niki and I headed back to our apartment, filled with laughter and joy. As we got into our room, Niki lies down in bed, and then I lied down on her lap. "I have to say that that was the best day of my life," I said.

Niki giggled and said, "I'm glad I pushed you to have fun. Now what do you have to say?"

I pouted and crossed my arms, as I was looking at her. "Now don't you give me that face," Niki scolded playfully, while laughing. "You were having a lot of fun."

"Fine," I finally said. "I did have a lot of fun, and I needed to lighten up in my life."

Niki pinched my cheeks. "That's a good boy," she said, in a childish way.

I smirked playfully and kissed her lips. "I love you, baby," I said.

"I love you, too," she said, and we both fell asleep from all the adventure we had, together. I'm so glad that she did all of this for me.