Chapter 32

Michael's POV:

I saw Niki standing before me, facing the mayor and looking at him angrily. I don't know what to say... She was all upset that she suddenly unlocked her hidden potential inside. I wanted to get up and tell her we should go, but I can't muster the strength to get up. I'm too weak because of that demonite that the mayor posses, in his hand. As long it it's still here, I can no longer have the power to fight back an opponent. But I must stop Niki, if she's trying to harm herself.

"Niki..." I said, in a raspy voice. And all of a sudden, I feel like falling asleep... sleeping to take that pain away... and hoping that Niki is alright...

Niki's POV:

As my eyes kept glowing, the mayor is still in shock of the power that I harness before him. With all those mixed emotions that are stirring up inside of me, I feel disgusted and wanted to pummel at him. With no hesitation, I said, "Don't even think about hurting Michael. If you mess with him, you mess with me."

Then, the mayor laughed nervously, pretty much in denial that he would be stopped. But he tries to make a better combat. "Foolish child," the mayor exclaimed. "You think your powers can scare me? Well you don't scare me anyway."

I made an evil grimace and replied, "You don't think I can scare you?"

"Hmmph... Not even in one but."

"Well then," I turned my back at him, and my face became a bit wrinkly and a bit rotten, like a mummy. "Is this scary for you," I asked, with a low, devilish voice.

I turned around to face him, to show the mayor my gruesome face, and he was screaming on the top of his lungs. I stretched my face out and pull it out, showing muscles and veins. The mayor could not stop screaming, as I show him the horror. I already showed him enough, so I decided to crush my head, making it back to normal. He stopped shrieking like a little girl, and catches his breath. "So," I said, smirking a bit. "Did I scare you enough?"

The mayor was still catching his breath, and finally he shakes his head vigorously. "You may be able to scare me, but I'm still standing here," he barked. "You will never try to scare me away from this place. And you will never stop me from taking revenge on the maestro, since I have the power to do so."

"Au contraire," I guffawed on what he just said. "You think I can't stop you, but do you not forget that I'm just a normal human being, who has powers?" Suddenly, fire was surrounding him, and the mayor was startled by it. "Well then," I continued. "Hope you don't mind if I take this."

With my telekinetic powers, I grabbed the stone from his hand and suddenly smashed it into pieces, and disintegrated into thin air. With his hands on both cheeks, the mayor screamed. "NOOO! MY SECRET WEAPON!"

My grin grew wider and with my eyes glowing bright, I summoned the ghosts to come, and fuse me in oneness. As the ghosts were coming inside my body, I grew and grew, until I became translucent and scary, as a ghoul. My eyes are bright red, and grew claws. With each fingertip, they're sharp like a sword. The mayor fell back and is quivering in fear. I try to claw at him, but he was managing to dodge. The damn thing, I thought.

Finally, I thought of something that I never knew before. It came to my mind, but I do remember one spell that can imprison mortals, who have done bad things in the past. My grandfather had shown me a spell book, and it contains one of them. All sinful souls would be taken to the shadow realm, and be prisoned for the rest of their lives. "Antiquum regnum tenebrarum et invitum accipere animam peccatricem , semel pro semper!" 

The fire that encircled him is glowing bright purple, and shadows were surrounding him. The mayor was trying to escape, but the shadows were ensnaring him inside. His wrist were chained, and black fire starts to consume him. Once again, he was screaming until the shadows had taken him to the dark realm. As the dark circle disappeared, the ghosts were free from my body; causing me to go back to my normal self, and gasping for air. For a few minutes, I have rested until I realized that Michael was still here. I ran over to him, and shook him. "Michael," I yelled, in a panic tone. "Michael, can you hear me?"

Michael didn't say a word. His body was motionless. He looks pale. The mayor got the best of him, I thought. He go the best of him...

Tears streaming down my face, as I look at Michael's pale body. I thought I would save him. I thought I would. All of a sudden, the ghosts that helped Michael and I before were encircling us. Each one of them placed a hand on Michael's chest, and suddenly something miraculous happened. Michael's chest was glowing, as his family were trying to revive. His face is showing some color, and his fingers were moving a bit. I wiped the tears from my face, as I witnessed something that would give me hope. When Michael's chest stopped glowing, each of the ghost's hands were pulling back, as we try to see the sense of life from him. "Michael," I whispered, so softly. "Can you hear me?..."

Michael's POV:

I opened my eyes, and my vision became blurry at first, but it suddenly becomes clear. I see Niki kneeling beside me. My ghost family surrounding both her and I, as I turned my head a bit. "N-Niki...," I said, in a raspy voice. "Wh-what happened? Are we... up there?"

Niki chuckles a bit, and shakes her head. "No Michael," she responded, as tears were flowing down her cheek, and puts on a smile a bit. "We're alive."

"B-but how?"

"I saved you, and my own butt."

I laughed a bit in relief, knowing that I don't have to worry for our own sake. Niki takes my hand, and place it on her soft lips. She slides it down, to reveal her lips to speak. "I did it, baby."

"Yes you did, baby," I replied, with an eager smile on my face. "Yes, you did."