Chapter 18

Niki's POV:

Everything went well for the next couple of weeks. Although, I felt tired after I became the assistant manager, for a magazine company. My boss was pretty demanding. This week, we needed to make a magazine cover for the latest issue, featuring Elizabeth Taylor. I had to make sure that everything is good and ready to go.

It was pretty exciting to do a latest issue for Elizabeth Taylor. She is my all time favorite! What's pretty amazing is that she has purple eyes. I remember trying to work on the issue of the magazine, and Elizabeth Taylor came in.

My mouth gaped wide open when she came. Elizabeth approached to me and said, "Well hello dear!"

"Hi, Ms. Taylor," I said, souded as if it were a dream come true, which it is. "I'm your biggest fan."

"I see," Ms. Taylor said, as she giggles. "I believe you and your team have been working on the issue for me. I have to say that you guys are doing a phenominal job."

"Th-thankyou Ms. Taylor," I said, stuttering. "It's been an honor to work with you."

"Please, darling. Call me Elizabeth. After all, I appreciate that a great fan of mine is doing a great job, on working on the cover for me."

I smiled as she said that. I can't believe she said that. So far, this has been the best day of my life. When Elizabeth was looking at the cover, she said, "I love the background of the cover. It really fits into the atmosphere of the magazine cover."

"Why thank you," I beamed a smile. "It was actually my idea. Not only that, I had to edit and add a few stuff on the magazine, to make sure there weren't any mistakes or embellishments."

"You mean you did all of this?"

"Well I had to make sure that everything is alright. After all, my job is being the assistant manager, for the magazine company. Here, just read what it says."

Elizabeth looked through the pages of the magazine, and she finally found the page where I edited it. While she was reading the magazine, her eyes widened in astonishment. When she was done, she closed the magazine carefully, as if it's a delicate work of art.

"Well Elizabeth," I said, as if I'm on the edge of my seat. "What do you think?"

"I must say that there was no embellishment, as to what you just told me," she said. "Moreover, you really are a talented person. You can write. You can create. Darling, you have a gift. I'm glad that you did it."

Elizabeth smiled and winked at me. Then she approached to my boss and said, "This girl is doing a stellar job. Did you know that she edited the paper and wrote some great stuff about me? Not only can she write, but she's really creative?"

My boss' eyes widened and looked at me. I made an awkward laugh, and gave him a friendly wave. "Don't get mad at her," Elizabeth beckoned. "I saw her work and read the one that she wrote about me, and I must say that she is the most talented person and very trustworthy in the business. Most importantly, there was no embellishment, which I'm glad about."

My boss nodded his head slowly and said, "Uh huh. Well I didn't know about all of this 'til now. Are you sure you're not that upset?"

"Does this look like I'm upset," Elizabeth's raised her voice, while pointing at her face. "I don't think so. If I were you, she should get a raise and have some kind of a reward for her hard work."

She turns to me and puts her hand on my shoulder. "Keep up the good work, darling," she said. "Everyone will appreciate your work. I think most stars like me will also appreciate at what you have just done."

I smiled and saw her walk away. After the magazine was published, the latest issue was selling like hot cakes. Even my boyfriend Michael was appreciating the work that I had done. We had a big dinner to celebrate my accomplishment. "I must say you did a splendid job for working on the issue, for Elizabeth Taylor," Michael said, while he was eating his ravioli with cheese.

"Thanks sweetheart," I said. "What can I say, I'm glad I can help out.

"Well you deserve to have a reward or a big raise. After all, that magazine issue was selling like crazy," Michael said in astonishment. "I even saw the magazine, and I read what you wrote. It was amazing!"

"Well Elizabeth did said that I'm really talented," I said while giggling. "Moreover, she said that I should keep up the good work for the company."

Michael sips his red wine and said, "Well I think you should. You should never waste your talent on something exciting."

"Good point," I said while taking a bite of my raviloli. "I wonder what will boss say, when he finds out about my accomplishment."

Suddenly, the phone wrang and I walked over to get it. I picked up the phone and answered, "Hello?"

"Hey Niki," my boss answered back. "Um I need to talk to you, first thing in the morning."

"Um ok. Am I in trouble," I asked, sounding a little nervous.

"No, no. Just come into my office and I'll explain, ok?"

"Sure boss," I said, feeling a little relieved.

"Alright. See you tomorrow, Ms. Gardner."

"You, too. Bye!"

I set the phone down slowly, and walked over to the table and sat on my chair. "Everything alright, honey," Michael asked, feeling concerned.

"I'm alright, Applehead," I replied. "I just need to meet my boss, first thing tomorrow. I'm not in trouble, though."

"Ok," he said, as he smiled and continued eating his dinner. I continued eating my dinner, as well. Although, that thought about meeting my boss in the morning, is still stuck inside my head. What if I am in trouble? What if I tarnished someone else's career, for making the magazine look perfect. It looks like I have to find out, first thing tomorrow.

I know that this is all about Niki, but I'm sure that in the next chapter, something exciting will happen. Please remember to vote, comment, and follow me on wattpad! It's so good to write gain!!