Chapter 17

Niki's POV:

(Two weeks later)

It's been two weeks since Michael and I are together. He's been living with me in my apartment, since we're in love with each other. Not only that, I finally found a job to pay for the mortgage, and the money that I owe for my parents.

You see, there was a job opening at a magazine industry. Right now, I got a job at a magazine company. All I have to do is file some paperwork and organize them. My boss is really friendly, but at some times, he can be pretty rough. I can manage though, as long as I'm making a living for my life.

Although, my parents didn't know that I'm dating a guy, who's a little older than me. In addition, my parents didn't know that I didn't went to college. At least my parents don't care about me, that much. They just want me to have better life, and that's it, unless I have to pay for the money that I owe them. I guess it'll have to cost my soul.

For now, my dream just turn into reality. I found the most incredble guy, who is so caring and understandable, and he is Michael Jackson.

Michael's POV:

This has been the greatest two weeks of my life. I completely forgot about everything from my past. Not only that, my dream just came into reality. I'm spending my entire life with the most incredible girl,  who is beautiful and wonderful. She is also caring and understandable. She is Niki Gardner.

I'm so happy that we're together. I'm also glad that Niki has a job, so she can help around the house. However, I felt bad that I never get to help out. I just sat in the house all day. Although, I do get to do some chores, and do grocery shopping. I guess it's not enough.

Ever since Niki and I met, I made her skip the opportunity to go to college. She was so busy helping me and taking care of me. When our relationship grew, Niki decided to get a job, instead of going to college.

I just don't want to be responsible for ruining Niki's happiness. At least Niki said that she was glad to have me in her life, and that's the way she wants it. I just hope our relationship between Niki and I will still go strong.

Niki's POV:

At night, I came back from work. Work was exhausting, but I wanted tell Michael the good news. Michael saw me when I came in. "Hey beautiful," he said, and gave me a quick kiss. "How was work?"

"Exhausting," I said. "But I want to tell you the good news."

"Really," Michael said, wrapping his arms around my waist. "What is it?"

I smiled and said, "I got promoted from work today. I'm the assistant manager of the magazine company."

Michael hugged me and said, "That's great news. Are you sure you're up for that?"

"Everthing will be alright, honey. You know me."

He smiled and lifted me up, to swing me around. Michael pulled me down and said, "Well then I'm proud of you honey."

Michael kissed me passionately, and I kissed him back. He slides his hands on my back, while I wrap my arms around his neck. I pulled apart a little and said, "I'm glad I have someone, who can support me."

"I'm glad that I'm part of your life, and will be able to support you," Michael said, as he caresses my back.

"So are you hungry," I asked.

"I'm hungry for you, my darling," he said, giggling.

"You're silly. No I meant are you hungry for dinner?"

"Yeah sure. I'll make dinner, to celebrate your big promotion. Not only that, you need to relax."

I smiled and said, "You're such a gentleman, Michael."

"It's the least I can do," he said, and kissed me on the cheek, as he goes to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Michael's POV:

One hour later, Niki and I were done with dinner. We got ourselves cleaned up, and watched TV. While we were watching TV, my question popped out of my head. I was hesitant to tell her about feeling bad of not going to college.

I don't know if I should tell her or not. If I tell her, what will her reaction be? "Michael," Niki said, as she noticed that I was not paying attention. "Michael, is there something you wanna tell me?"

I snapped out of my thoughts, and saw Niki tilting her head with concern, on her face. "It's... nothing," I said, feeling a little shaky on my throat.

Niki turned off the TV and said, "Michael, you can tell me. We're together, remember? We can't keep secrets from each other. So tell me what's on your mind?"

I sighed and said, "I'm just thinking, are you upset that you couldn't go to college?"

Niki pulled away a little, and her eyes widened. "What made you think that," she asked.

"Well," I said, while rubbing my arm. "It's just that when I met you, you decided to help me. Then, our relationship grew and we forgave each other. After that, you decided to get a job. Don't you you feel bad about not going to college, because of me."

Niki sighed and stroked my hair. "Michael," she said. "I would never get upset about you for making me not go to college. To tell you the truth, I actually didn't want to go to college."

"Really," I said, my eyes widening. "How come?"

"I didn't have a plan for my future," Niki answered. "All I wanted was to get out of my misery, and be done with it. I'm still deciding what career I want to do. In fact, I can take a gap year."

Michael arched his eyebrows and asked, "What's a gap year?"

"A gap year is when I don't have to go to college, right away," she answered, again. "Some people like do that. They just need time to think of what career they want to have, in the future. You don't need to worry about me. I'm alright. I'm glad that you were concerned me, though."

"I know," I said, giving her a weak smile. "I just want to make you happy."

"I'm already happy, Michael," Niki said, caressing my cheek. "I love the the life I'm living in. I have you. That's all I want. And you don't owe me anything, because I love you no matter what."

"I love you, too," I exclaimed, and kissed her on the lips. Then, I rested my forehead against hers. We stared unto each others eyes, until we drifted off to sleep, on the couch.

So good, right? Remember to follow, comment, and vote for my fanfic. Thank you! Still more adventures to come!!