Chapter 19

Niki's POV:

The next day, I had to get ready for work. I showered, changed, brushed my teeth, and combed my hair. I wore my black and white, short sleeved shirt with black leather skirt. After I was done with my routine, I ate an egg omlet with bacon. When I was about to leave, Michael approached me and said, "I know that you're pretty nervous about seeing your boss, Niki. I know how you feel."

I turned around and asked, "How did you know that I'm nervous?"

He chuckled and said, "You do remember I have powers, right? And so do you."

That's right! I completely forgotten that Michael and I have powers. Apparently, I have abandoned them because I was busy with so much work. Well occasionally, I use my powers secretly at work, just to get everything done. But seriously though, I could've used my powers more wisely.

Even though I may have forgotten that Michael has powers, I should remember that he can pick things up right away. Moreover, we can't keep secrets from each other. After all, we're a couple now. Michael smiled at me and caressed my cheek. "Don't feel bad, my love," he said.

"I know," I said, softly. "It's just that I've been so busy with work. We never get to spend more time with each other."

Michael wraps his arms around my waist, and gets closer to my face. "I'm pretty sure that when you meet your boss, you will feel less stress," he whispered. "After all, you're my good girl. I feel good around you."

I looked down a little and blushed. I stare into his eyes and bite my bottom lip. "Did you just preduct what is going to happen to me," I asked.

"Not only you, my love," Michael said, chuckling softly. "but for both of us. I promise you that."

"You make me feel good, Michael. You really know what to say."

"That's because I love you forever more, my love. I will always love you and support you."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. Michael kissed me back a little longer, and pulled a few centimeters away from my face. "You better get going, or you'll be late," he said, giggling softly.

I sighed and said, "You're right. I don't want my boss to get angry with me. I really don't want to leave though."

"I'll be waiting, baby," he said, combing my hair with his hand and kissed me on the cheek. "See ya!"

"See ya," I said, while smiling. Michael lets go of me when I was opening the front door. I closed the door behind me, and left my apartment to go to work.

To be continued...