Chapter 25

Niki's POV:

After I visted my grandfather's grave, Michael and I were trying to relax and try to enjoy ourselves. Even though I still miss my grandfather so much, my grandfather would want me to be happy for the life I'm living. Michael had been supporting for me so much, he sure wants me to be happy as well.

For the past few days, we have been enjoying ourselves and tried to keep our mind off of things. The first thing we had to do was go shopping, since Michael had not much clothes. He did have few clothes that were the same, and we got another that were from the clothing drive.

So we decided that it was time for us to go shopping, since it's already summer. I changed into my sports t-shirt, with black leggings and sneakers. Then, I picked up my old sweater that my father gave me. Although my parents don't appreciate the fact that I have powers, and I'm different from everbody in the world, at least my parents would try to give me much love.

I knocked on our bedroom door, to see if he's done. "It's open. I'm done already," Michael replied.

I opened the door, and he was wearing an orange, plain t-shirt with saggy black shorts. Michael even wore a red and white hat. "Hey, you're looking good," I said, walking into our room.

Michael smiled shyly and hugs my waist, as I approached him. "Well I don't think I am," he said. "But I do love the compliment from you. It always makes me feel good."

"Well I'm glad," I said, and then kissed his nose. "Oh yeah, just in case if anyone gets suspicious of you, I want you to wear this."

I held up my old sweater, and Michael grabbed it. "You want me to wear your sweater," he asked, all confused.

"Well this used to be my dad's sweater, but he lend it to me as a gift."

"That's good. For once, I thought this something girly."

"Hey, I'm not one of those girly girls. I'm sort of a tomboy."

"Really," he asked.

"Really," I answered. "Now try it!"

Michael puts on the sweater and he looks at the mirror. He smiled and said, "Well this feels comfortable."

"Well I'm glad you liked it," I said, hugging behind him. "You even look cute, even though it looks a little big on you."

He blushes a little, could not even speak one thing. Michael just hesitates and looks at me, feeling shy to say something. I pinched his cheek playfully and said, "You're so cute, you know that."

Michael groaned a little and ask, "Why do you keep saying that? You know I don't."

I cupped his cheek with one hand and smiled. "Well you look cute, to me. You're the best person to hang around with."

Michael smiled and kissed my lips sweetly. "Well I think you're the one who's cute," he said. "I love your soft lips and your dimpled smile. You're just so perfect, to me."

I smiled shyly and bite my bottom lip, in an innocent way. "You think so," I asked, looking up at him.

"Yes I'm sure, my love," he said, nuzzling my nose and kissed it.

I giggled softly and blushed a little. Michael smirked playfully and hoisted me up and twirled around. I laughed and said, "Michael, you're so silly. I love it!"

He gently put me down on the ground, and chuckled. "So ready to go?"

"Yep," I happily replied.

Michael's POV:

A half hour later, Niki and I finally arrived at the mall. It was really big, and had a lot of stores inside. What caught my attention was the carousel. I was jumping up and down gleefully, while everyone else was looking at me, in a weird way. I didn't notice, but Niki did. She grabbed my arm to calm me down. "Michael," Niki hissed. "Calm down! Everyone is watching us."