Chapter 13

Niki's POV:

I can't believe it! I knew that Michael just lied to me, the whole entire time. He could never confess the truth to me, from the very beginning. Now the truth still stings me, as I was walking towards the park.

I sat at the park bench, looking at the night sky. I'm trying to wonder why life is so hard on me. Why can't I trust anyone. I've been through so much. I thought moving to Florida would be the best option, so that I can be away from the burden. Well it looks like that burden, that's been hiding from me gets to manage it's way in.

While I was staring at the blank space of the night sky, for some reason though, I felt bad. I actually understand how Michael feels. He's so lonely in the cold world, and he needs someone to help him.

Not only Michael feels lonely, but someone is trying to take him out. Guess the guy, that Michael is trying run away from, is jealous of him from all the attention, that he was having. He doesn't understand Michael, at all. At least someone understands him very well. His family and the people from his hometown understands Michael. Moreover, Michael has me.

When Michael told me about his situation that he had, it reminded me of my misery; the things that I've been going through, from my past. It was a burden to me, that I had to escape and find a new life. My purpose was to find someone, who can truly understand and love me, as a human being. All my life, I feel like I've been treated like an alien, who came from another planet. When I met Michael however, I feel like I have a connection with him.

He has powers, just like I do. Also, he feels neglected, just like I am. Then, why ruin my chance? I can't leave him out of the cold. Besides, I still have feelings for him. I'm not sure if Michael is still upset about me, though. He'll probably get mad at me, for storming off. Right now, I have mixed emotions about this situation. At least I'm calm.

I got up from the park bench, and started walking back home. I'm pretty sure Michael and I are gonna have an awkward silence. I sighed as continued to walk back home.