Chapter 12

Michael's POV:

I'm already in Niki's room. As I looked at her, I took a deep breath and said, "Look. I don't want to cause any harm. I just want to talk. That's all."

Niki closes her eyes and then opens them. "Ok," she said, as she was crossing her arms. "Continue."

"I want to confess to you that..." I paused, struggling to find the right words, so Niki would understand.

Niki arched her eyebrows; wondering what was really going on. "Michael," she said. "I'm waiting."

I sighed and said, "The reason why I'm came to Florida, because I needed to escape."

"Escape from what," Niki asked, getting to feel a little alarmed.

"Escape from the Mayor," I told her. "He was trying to take revenge on me, because I humiliated him in front of everyone."

Niki's eyes widened. "What did you do," she asked, starting to feel upset. 

"The mayor thinks that I'm a freak," I continued. "He thinks I harm people, including children. I actually don't. I love meeting new people, and I love children. He wouldn't believe it, because he looks down at me as a freak."

"Then what happened to the mayor," she asked, trying to compose herself.

"I first encountered the mayor when he wanted to drive me out of town," I said. "I scared him away, while everyone in town started to realize that I am friendly. They belived. The second time however, the mayor was angry at me because everyone did not want him, anymore. So he tried to kill me, but my family and the people from my old hometown stopped him, which caused me to leave him."

Niki sat down in bed, and looked down at the ground. "If you were trying to escape from the mayor," she said, slowly. "Then why did you lie to me?"

I paused for a moment, feeling that I'm starting to loose myself. I closed my eyes and opened them. "Because I thought you were gonna looked down at me, just like the mayor would," I said, when my voice trailed off. "I needed someone to understand me, and help me understand the new world. It is true that I haven't been out of my house, but I didn't mention the fact that my family are ghosts."

Niki felt a little alarmed, but was motionless. "So you've been living with ghosts, for a long time," she asked, trying to understand.

I nod my head and said, "They're the only people who would understand me the most. They've helped me through thick and thin. And it is also true that they did gave me money. So now I'm in a world; feeling pretty lonely and trying to make a better living. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?"

Niki took a deep breath and let it out. "Michael," she said, still trying to compose herself. "You didn't have to lie to me like that way. I can still help you, as long as you explain you're situation. Right now, I'm upset that I feel like I helped you for nothing. I understand how you feel about your situation, but I just wished you would've told me when I met you."

She walked away, and slammed the door behind her. "Niki," I yelled, trying to catch up with her. "I'm sorry! I don't know what to say. I..."

"You could've been honest with me," Niki said, when at the front of the door. "I'm sick and tired of people lying to me, and use me for nothing. Would you just please leave me alone?!"

She opens the door, and slammed it behind her. Niki left, while I kneeled down; just crying my eyes out. What've I done, I thought. I should've been honest, and now she's probably gonna kick me out of her life.

Isn't it sad?! Don't worry... the story will not not end! You'll see. To be continued...