Chapter 28

Michael's POV: 

Finally, some peace and quiet. I just wanted to clear my mind off, and forget what just happened. I know that Niki is gonna find me soon, and get answers from me. Well I don't care, as long as we're here in the this peaceful place. I'm just sitting at the park bench, with nothing to worry about.  It's pretty much dark out, and no one is around. At least that's good enough for me, because then no one could hear my sorrows. I just wanted to be alone, for a bit while. 

I may have hurt Niki's heart, because of the way I acted. I'm just a child. I just want to escape from  reality, because it looks scary. Everywhere I go or every time I face a problem, I just want to shut it all out in my mind. I know that some people have that, but I don't understand how can they move on, like that. Maybe they have things to keep their mind off, like hobbies. Maybe most of all, their companions. Their loved ones. That must have been the the real answer. People would spend time with their loved ones, because they mean so much to them, and keep their mind off of stress and troubled times. I think that's what I should do, in the first place. 

Now I understand that I shouldn't keep Niki out of this. Since she is the love my life, I must tell my troubles away to her. Niki is an angel from heaven, who can heal my scars and wounds. I must never neglect that. After all, she could never shut me out. I'm sure wherever she is, she must be looking for me. 

Niki's Pov: 

Where could Michael be? I'm trying to look everywhere to to find him, but he's nowhere to be seen. I looked everywhere that he could possibly go. I tried the candy store, KFC, etc. Ok... This Michael we're talking about. He likes to do something fun. But I guess the situation right now seems a bit bitter, to him. I mean I know how he is. Michael wants to have a normal life, but things keep getting in his way. I hope he doesn't go that far. 

What I don't understand is that he is a ghost, in human form. How could he do that, anyway. That is something stuck inside my mind. I can't quite figure things out, but I must try to find out. Since I couldn't find out where he is, I should've used the best next thing. It's been a while since I used my powers, and I have abandoned it. However, I should use it wisely and responsibly. And to think I could never have a normal life, but really I have. Just like Michael, I've been looked down as the insane girl, or the girl from down under. 

But any who, I've already enjoyed being normal for the first time. Now to use my powers just for a bit of a change. I placed my index and middle finger on the side of my forehead, and searched for him. Suddenly my senses picked up, and followed the path where it led me. At a far distant, I can see Michael sitting at the park bench. I smiled to see him and made my way, to go towards him. 

Suddenly, something stopped my tracks. I heard bushes rustling, and birds flew out of the bush. I went closer to the bush, but someone grabbed a hold of me. A hand was covering my mouth, muffling the sound that was coming out of my mouth. I struggled to get free, but apparently I lost my consciousness. 

Then a few minutes later, I opened my eyes and been carried around,  inside a mini van. My mouth is gagged and my hands were tied together. Someone is capturing me. For what? I have no idea where that captor is taking me. Pretty soon, I will find out. I'm not sure where Michael could be. I'm sure he'll come and save me. Michael... where are you...