Chapter 61: The voice from within

Start from the beginning

Jason had held her stillborn baby in his hands for few minutes but he knew he would have loved that child.

A part of him died that night.

******

Lagos, Nigeria.
Present Day

Nature gave us a powerful way to be in tune with energy and even predict things that hasn't happened. Some call it your gut feeling, intuition or instinct.

Pamela was on the edge. Something was wrong, she could feel it in her soul. She could almost taste the fear on her tongue. Her stomach was in tiny knots, her heart was heavy.

She turned out of her her husband's arms and finally sat up, staring into the open space. The bedside lamp which she just put on illuminated the room, its light kissing the features of the man who lay beside her.

Her husband,  grunted immediately the light came on. He was a light sleeper and his body was caught off from her warmth which was a big inconvenience to him right now.

"Temi," Chris called out gruffly, then moved closer to where she was and placed his head on her laps. "Why are you awake?" He turned his head on her lap to look at the bedside clock, "It's almost three in the morning."

"I don't know." Shrugging her shoulder slightly and biting her lips. At first glance it looked like she was staring at the cloth hamper sitting at the far end of the room beside the door leading to the closet but it wasn't so she was actually staring into empty space.

Chris rolled his head such that his head was still on her lap but this time he was facing her, looking up straight at her. "Talk to me baby."

Pamela was quiet for a while. She didn't know how to explain what was wrong. So she planted her right hand in Chris's bushy hair stroking and massaging his scalp alternatively and he relaxed even more into her touch.

The whirring sound of the AC was the only sound heard in the room for a while. Chris just let her have space, he knew she was going to tell him soon.

"I'm sad but I don't know why? I don't even have a reason to be.  Does this make sense? I feel heavy in my spirit. I feel depleted, Ayomi it's so heavy. I'm really scared. What if I die tonight?"

Chris shot up like his butt was on fire. "Die keh?" All traces of sleep was wiped out of his eyes and he got up to grab the bible on his night stand.

"You will not die. You will live in Jesus name. How can you die tonight? Just wait let me read scriptures and pray on your head first because I don't understand."

Pamela smiled a little at how dramatic he was right now. She was glad they had a more healthy relationship with God when they renewed their vows.

"I love you so much. I love you so so much okay." Pamela threw her body on him and he hugged her stroking her body gently.

"I love you too Temi. All is going to be well okay? Let's just pray together."

"Let me tell all my family members I love them first in case anything happens to me. I'll leave each of them text messages." Pamela got up and Chris stared at her worried then opened his Bible.

"Life and death lies in the power of your tongue Pamela. Nothing is going to happen to you okay." Pamela nodded in response.

"Babe did you see my phone?" She asked while searching her own nightstand.

"No." He yawned out but his eyes remained trained on her following her every moment. Pamela began searching the bedside drawers and finally found it.

"Eight missed calls and three messages." She called out to her husband. Chris hand was drawing patterns on her exposed thigh as he stared at her.