Chapter 29: Hidden papers

Los Angeles

Have you ever needed something or someone so bad that you'll do anything? This was Jade right now.

Jade Matthew loved to describe herself as a goal getter. She was tired of being sidelined and ignored by the man she loved. Life was a bitch right? They say you have to go out and grab it at its lapels, so she was going to do just that today. Anything to get the one she loved.

Unlike the rest of her siblings she had the darkest afro skin and boring black eyes that had a piercing nature especially when trained on you.

Her hair which was thick and kinky the complete definition of 4c hair was pulled in a sleek French bun. With two three stranded twists at the side accentuated with rings and hoops.

The nude color dress she had on was an overlap that slit up to mid thigh with tiny spaghetti straps. She paired it with high chunky boots to give her the complete bohemian vibes. This way she wouldn't look too serious walking into Xavier's restaurant but still classy.

Xavier like her brother was rich in his own sense. Owning a string of expensive restaurants and outlets, a complete master chef with three culinary schools. One of the main reason he always pushed her away was because of his upbringing but she was done now. At 21 and in college she had what it takes to get his attention and she was going to have it. The boyfriends and date she brought whenever he was around to rile him up never truly did hit the mark except his usual disappointing glare.

If he felt anything for her she wasn't sure. He was a master in hiding his real emotion, and now she was going to take a plunge; go to his restaurant and tell him how she was feeling.

Jade was merely settling down in the car when Alex was calling she sent the call straight to voicemail and shivered.

"Hey babe! I'm so sorry about the other day. Please my love, I don't know what made me do it. It was a mistake, I'm sorry my love. You know I'll never intentionally hurt you. Jade you are the love of my life, don't forget that.

Also you know how tough things are with me right now and the little cash you promised me to start up. I love you babe." His automated voice ended and she shivered.

Sorry! He was sorry when he brought her chlamydia home. An aggressive form of Sexually transmitted infection she had to take antibiotics for. Or for hitting her across the face last week. She pulled down her car mirror now to inspect the damage which she covered under layers of makeup.

No she was done with his sorry ass. Apart from helping him out with the cash she was done. God knows if Xavier will only love her back she wouldn't be in this mess in the first place but she couldn't just leave Alex hanging. It wasn't his fault his dad was abusive and a drunkard, it wasn't his fault he was trying to make it and the odds were piled against black people right?

At least it was the excuses she told herself plus we cared for him genuinely.

"Enough Jade! Go get your man," she whispered to herself in the mirror and drove towards Xavier's restaurant.