Chapter 25: Seeds of Jealousy

***

The ride back home was tense for the couple. Jason was talking excitedly about Tiara while Liz couldn't help the ugly feelings seeing her stirred. She had never seen Jason's dead wife or really bothered too and Jason didn't speak much of her but seeing her twin in the flesh ripped open a wound she didn't know she had.

Jason let his hand dangle on Liz lap a habit he couldn't help as he steered the car. They were supposed to go to the astrology spot and lie under the stars until Liz said "let's just go home please." He didn't understand why she had been excited to go back there all night.

Suddenly he was noticing how quiet she was and how she didn't sing along to the songs playing as usual. So he put off the stereo player and parked by the side of the road.

"What's wrong" he turned to face her worried. Liz shrugged her shoulders to let him know nothing was wrong. When in reality she was jealous of the perfect Latino who her husband had invited to finish desert with them, exchanged numbers with and had history with.

"Talk to me Ife," he implored gently knowing how much she loved it when he used the Yoruba endearment on her, "I dont read minds babe if you dont talk to me how will I know what's wrong."

Liz has never seen herself as the jealous type so she didn't know how to say she didn't like the way he hugged her tight. Or the way he smiled at her. It wasnt his usual smile he gave everyone it was the smile he reserved for her only and she didn't want to share.

"So are you going to tell me about the Tiara you invited to finish our anniversary dinner with?" Liz asked and bit into her lip.

Jason stared at her strangely not understanding where the attitude was coming from. He let a silent prayer to God that his bed surprise was still on for tonight because this man has needs and that quick play they had before dinner didn't satisfy his appetite he missed his woman too much

"Its been really long we've seen each other so maybe I let my excitement get the better of me. I'm sorry if I let her ruin our dinner okay?" He kissed her cheeks gently and started the car but Liz wasnt satisfied. Women could smell rivals a mile away even if men couldn't. That woman stared at her man like she had stars in her eyes and it unsettled her.

Jason removed his hands from Liz thighs now and concentrated on driving home. Seeing Tiara tonight was a reminder of a part of his life he tried to forget, he had loved Tiana with his heart and Soul her death crushed him and if not for Tiara he wasnt sure they were both going to survive it. Even though Tiana had screwed them both over and used them the way she pleased.

Tiara fell in love with Jason first in College but somehow he had ended with Tiana and she made sure she got the only thing she wanted from him; His money and  body.

Jason shivered slightly as he remembered the last time he and Tiara saw and what happened between them. They were in a really vulnerable place and it was Tiana's one year death anniversary. In the heat of the moment they had sex.

It had been a one time thing, a part of him still felt he betrayed Tiana even though she was dead. Fast forward five years later they meet again and he was so glad she was happy and healthy.

Liz threw Jason a quick glance and didn't know what he was so deep in thought about. Jealousy the green eyed monster was planting little seeds of doubts in her and she didn't like the outcome especially as a therapist.

The love making that ended the night was frantic. She wanted to be sure she had a grip on him, when all she should have do was ask him what was wrong and Jason who wasnt suspecting anything was gladly enjoying the night.