CHAPTER 7: Who is the therapist?

"Some days its okay to just breathe, No pressure"

****

This chapter is for the amazing beautifulimperfect1 chop kizez

Liz

I was angry. Even though I knew deep down that I had no rights to be, yet I was livid.

I hated the way he was smiling at me, like a cat. Like he knew me or had me in a corner. He was too comfortable around me and he had to be on his toes. I kept people around their toes with me not the other way round.

I sat behind my brown Mahogany desk. My office space was neat and well organised.

A tiny plant was on the table beside my laptop with a white sand glass flipped upside down that I usually turned around during my counselling sessions. My office was mostly bare except for  comfortable chairs

He looked around first taking in my space,

"Not interested in counselling you. If this is about last night well I was drunk and I can't remember the details of it" rolling my eyes at him, I got up also to busy myself with the files on my desk, this gave me a chore to do and prevented me from looking at his eyes.

I could feel his gaze though, it felt like they were boring holes into my body and it made me feel strangely warm.

"Is that all you have to say to me?" He asked instead.

A long silence ensued. Was it four seconds after, Or four minutes? I have no idea. Sometimes you stare at someone and you get lost.

"Like what you see?" He asked again. He actually liked making me uncomfortable, I could see it in his eyes he was enjoying my discomfort.

This time around I smiled, one thing about being a therapist was I knew how most people thoughts processes worked.

The kiss bothered him.

"We have history, I can't counsel you its against board rules I could loose my license for that" whispering lowly so no one could hear.

"I thought you said you couldn't remember" smirking evilly.

Its official! Cute eyes or not, I disliked him.

"Sitting and talking at a bar for a while then refusing to have sex with you, after which you kissed me and ran away isn't history," rolling his blue orbs at me.

Arrogant idiot.

"You shouldn't even be talking to your supposed therapist like that. Does this give you joy? Are you enjoying making me uncomfortable? "

He smiled again, the type that was mocking me and almost immediately his usual expressive eyes were blank.

How the hell, did he just go blank.

Soldiers must be thought to protect their thought patterns I guess. His instant recoil made me know my last question was answered, instead I asked "How did you end up here, where I work at?"