Chapter 72: Pregnancy hormones

*****

Clean span of skin covering his skull.
Head gleaming under the hallway light. Skin that would show off her reflection if it was caressed with some scalp oil. 

Gwa-ri-mapa. Liz had heard them tease someone with the word back in Abeokkuta, to understand that it meant someone who was bald.

Jason was bald.

Jason was Gwa-ri-mapa.

Jason was ugly.

This wasn't the man she had flown seas and had endured heartache to see.

"Can I come in?" He asked after his previous question was left unanswered. He had  vulnerability that felt so foreign, seeing that he had been locked up from her for while.

Liz left the door opened and went in allowing him follow after her.

He felt so big in her space she felt crowded not knowing what to do with her self. She sat on the couch at the end of the bed wringling her hands feeling so overwhelmed but wanting to put up a font.

Jason was putting on grey joggers and black tee shirt and he looked so good her eyes hurt.

He came to sit beside her and she felt like screaming.

What now?

Did he come to personally deliver the divorce letter with his shining bald head like a righteous delivery man?

"You're not Xavier. What are you doing here?"

"Your appointment is by eight, I'm here to take you." He said with a shrug staring at her so intensely.

On the bedside table was a vintage, grandfather bedside clock and Liz turned to check the time and it was just half past six.

Liz hissed loudly bustling with anger.

"Why are you opening the door in short robe or whatnot, what if it was Xav at the door?"

Liz stared at the blue silk robe she had on which was no doubt short and had the top bust of her cleavage showing from underneath and just hissed again her eyes welling with tears this time.

She opened her mouth to answer him and just burst into tears. She wasn't crying because she was so confused with all the feelings and emotions of him being here, but was crying because he cut his hair.

She genuinely felt so hurt that she was a great pile of water works. Crying the whole tears with snort coming out of her nose.

Jason was so concerned he tried to pacify her, his face etched with worry lines.

"I'm so sorry, stop crying." He begged reaching for her and she pushed him away, hitting his outstretched hand angrily and stumbling backward. "Don't touch me," she yelled.

"Stop crying please," he kept begging, supplying her with Kleenex.

"Your appointment is in an hour, all this crying will upset the baby," Jason raked his finger over his bare scalp and suddenly missed the fact that he had no hair to pull.

Ten whole minutes of ugly crying later, Liz started to hiccup and Jason got up to get her water from the water dispenser that sat at the far end of the hotel room.

"I don't want your water," Liz pushed the cup away, "I don't know you, you're a stranger and I don't know why you're here suddenly trying to be kind to me and I need you to go away you stranger."

"I'm just here to take you to your appointment. I'm not asking you, to forgive me or love me, I just want to take you to your appointment. One thing at a time."