CHAPTER 3: Wish I killed him

For XahraAbubakar
****
Some cause happiness wherever they go;
Others whenever they go"_Oscar Wilde

****

Empty, soulless eyes and a cold haughty look that felt painted on smooth flawless skin. She had this permanent bored look on her face like nothing and no one was worth her time.

Jason stared at the the black leather purse in his hand something he has been doing for the last four hours as thoughts about the owner flirted through his mind. He was lying in the game room, slash man cave alongside his brothers in the unit and trying desperately to tune out their noise.

Loud clanging sound could be heard from the kitchen and the signals his nose was getting was pure ecstasy. Even in a drowsy state, he knew how Goat meat pepper soup smelled like talk less of when awake.

The delicious smell was also messing with his internal organs as they rioted happily in anticipation.

Food can kill a man, but what a sweet way to die.

Being born and bred in the United States with double citizenship did not make him any less Nigerian. Except his eyes those blue and somewhat grey torchlights that called to his maternal grandmother's Canadian blood.

The brothers as they liked to call themselves were the four among five elite Black-ops soldiers in the Special forces US army branch  called the Unit. Jason was the hacker and sniper of the group his brothers were his life. They also had a lady amongst them also which he loved like his sister.

Jason turned the black purse again wondering whether to search the contents or not.

Her friend had practically called him a senseless James Bond and the thought brought a smile to his lips.

One moment Jason was talking to the boys via his headset the next he was loosing focus allowing his eyes feast on her fully. The boys had arrived a little earlier than him as he had tech business to tie up in London.

When he saw her on that air tarmac again after spending half the flight staring at her through his black shades; long legs like fire he just had to get her attention. That wasn't just why he collided into her, something about her was pulling him to her, he was like a moth drawn to flames.

Once during the flight he saw her eyes when she turned fully sideways they were so blank it was scary, it made him want to ignite something different even if it was as simple as anger or shock.

To him she also looked snobbish he had collided into her and she didn't even bother arguing with him. Her friend on the other hand was one giant angry lion.

At least she has protecting her.

Why do I even care about that?

Shaking his head vigorously and suddenly wondering why he cared about her protection.

Its must be the soldier in me, he concluded.

"What you staring at that purse for?" Xavier asked and whacked him on the head. Xavier may have a different skin colour from him but he was the closest to him, like his brother from another mother.