Chapter 22: The Naija Way(2)

West life _Queen of my heart
For unmask_reader

***
Liz

I was lying on my back, when he came in. Events of the entire day rushed in from my outfit to his grandmother's speech and the spitting soup event. I quickly closed my eyes quickly to feign sleep, which was hard to do because I was hungry.  Jason's weight dipped the bed and I felt his hands draw imaginary circles on my collarbone.

"Are we pretending to be asleep B?" His slight chuckle should have made him sound foolish but it still sounded hot.

Since I kept mute, Jason asked again, "I know you just rolled your eyes at me even without opening your eyes." It was a mental eye roll but I'm not opening my mouth to tell him that.

"Okay since you've gone dumb should I just start kissing all over your body?" As he spoke his hands toyed with the straps of the singlet I had on and mental images flooded my mind.

His lips on my body, there is no way I'm resisting him when he gets there. So instead I had to end my cold war, "You must be  delusional if you think I'm letting you touch me." I also opened my eyes.

Jason laughed loudly, his voice took a tingly, scratchy hot vibe  as he said, "I love it when you talk psychological to me baby."

Remember why you're mad Liz! How could I when he was this naughty. I couldn't help but chuckle, since I can't stay mad at him. His breaths fanned my neck and I let him wrap his arms around me.

His beard scratched my skin slightly but just in a way that I liked. then  we were talking about the events of the day, minus where his grandma gave me the "broken people" speech. We just got married, we can at least gave ourselves a little chance before we start second guessing ourselves right?

Jason was presently explaining something to me about Yoruba's Insane obsession with pepper and making everything spicy. I chuckled when he told me the part of them adding pepper to their pancakes and other pastries. I got lost in his Nigerian lecture from here, he was so animated I loved the way his mismatched eyes lit with pride about his homeland, the way he was licking his lips intermittently also made me hot inside.

He must have noticed I wasnt listening when he shouted "B! Stop ogling me." This man must be a joker, I married him body and soul of course I can ogle as much as I want.

I rolled my eyes first then said "What's the use of marrying a fine man if I can't stare at his body as much as I can?" My stomach grumbled loudly after this reminding me of how little I've fed it all day, before Jason could comment someone was knocking the door sharply. Immediately I pushed Jason off me and he frowned at my actions.

"Yes," Jason shouted in irritation. Then got up to open the door, it was one of the distant distant cousins that stayed with them. Double distant for emphasis, its like half of the people living under this roof are distant relations.

She muttered something to Jason in Yoruba which he interpreted to me. "Hey B, mama is asking of you downstairs." Jason shot me an apologetic smile as he spoke.

I let out a loud fake snore! I'm sleeping please, even my ancestors are asleep. After spitting pepper soup on her she's calling me at night, no way. Jason just laughed again, I swear that man has no sense of loyalty, "B!" He shouted.