CHAPTER 64: Miles Apart

***
Updated 64 and 65

Dubai, UAE

The loud tempo of the sultry music boomed in the background and beautiful ladies of different sizes gyrated their bodies to the beat. Their sequin outfit shone in the red and blue light that made them sparkle even in the dim light. Some had trays laden with drinks in shot glasses. While others worked poles or lingered in tables with men who were rich enough to spend. The stench of sweat, booze, smoke and perfume mixed in the air.

To the far left in the VIP section, sat Jason and Hameed. Hameed had a look of disdain on his face as he kept looking around and avoiding the woman their guest invited. Somehow she insisted on pressing her already spilling out bosom from the low cut bustier top on his arms which irritated him more. The more he kept trying to evade her the more she stuck like a leech.

Jason on the other hand was indulging in a vice that was long forgotten. His expression was so dark and brooding, the ladies that milled around their booth didn't bother soliciting for his attention. He loosened the first three buttons of his shirt suddenly feeling hot and took a large puff of the Cigar he had in his hand. He released the smoke and leaned back in his chair studying the man in front of him who was sandwiched between three women.

Jason rolled the long Cuban Cigar stick in between his fingers as his mismatched eyes took in the immediate environment. As his eyes roved lazily he kept taking notes of exit points and the big burly men who wore suits and were heavily armed for security.

The taste of the Cigar felt foreign. Smoking wasn't something he usually did, but he was getting in character and the rush from the Cigar helped kill the buzz in his head. He could feel the cold steel of the short range Caliber gun tucked between the waist band of his trousers.

He liked the adrenaline that pumped between his veins, it was the only thing keeping him going.

"Where is the flash drive?" Hameed asked, staring straight into the eyes of one of the most notorious men in the whole of the middle east.

Ridge Shaw wasn't your average terrorist. He was adopted at the age of eleven after being displaced from his hometown in Pakistan and renamed Ridge Shaw by his American Parents. He attended MIT, had three degrees and was the main money man between most terror cells in half the east coast.

The DJ changed the music to a more faster tempo and the mood of the Seedy club was a loud rush. The sounds made Jason's head ache even more. But he needed to work, he wasn't bone tired enough and if he wasn't tired, he couldn't sleep.

"How much do you want to pay?" Ridge asked looking straight at Jason.

Jason didn't bother to meet the other man's stare head on. He was seated in front of the legendary Ridge Shaw and he was bored out of his mind. Or rather he just felt numb. Not even the fear that this was one of the most deadliest mission he has ever been on.

"500million." Hameed answered.

"I want the pass code to the firewall of the FBI firewall." Ridge answered with a tiny smirk playing on the side of his lips.

His answer took them by surprise. It means he knew Jason had history with the FBI which gave Jason some kind of exposure. Instead of getting worried Jason took another long drag of the Cigar and watched as wisps of smoke left his mouth and danced in the air shrouding his face.

'I hate people that smoke. It's a disgusting habit.' Liz had said scrunching up her nose in the air.

He shut down the image that flitted into his mind's eye as quickly as it came. He couldn't afford to think of her now.