Chapter 35: Foundations

***
Jason

The world spined when I opened my eyes.  Almost like the world was tilted by its axis so much that nothing made sense anymore.

Up was down and down was up. Welcome to the story of my life101! The time was almost 3pm and I wasn't even surprised at how far the day has gone.

The world must have spinning because I was having a hangover. I had arrived at Los Angeles early in the morning and after pounding on Xavier's door for a good whole minute. The door opened last night to reveal a shirtless Xav.

Events of last night was slowly crawling back in.  As usual Alcohol could dull the pain for a moment but it could never take away the edge or the depth and it always return with a bang.

"Jace! Man what the hell its almost five in the morning"

"I have a daughter!"

"I have a daughter!" I said o myself again now after almost eighteen hours of finding out. As the word rolled off my tongue it felt real.  My head was pounding harshly now as the rest of last nights filtered in;

"Congratulations Man! To you and Liz," Xavier opened his arms widely to hug me and stopped halfway when I added the last part, "I have a five year old daughter with Tiara!"

His mouth formed a round "o" shape in shock. I could have sworn it was wide enough for insects to enter.

"I want whiskey!" I ordered. Pacing down his room with my bloodshot eyes. I've just traveled a six hour flight and I've been on my feet non stop for the last 24 hours.

"You dont drink Jason. Not since Tiana's death" Xav said worriedly.

I ignored him and moved towards his liquor cabinet, Ipoured myself a full glass. Who needs those tiny shots tight now? They couldn't douse the fire or confusion in me. Also I couldn't care less for ice.

As I drank glass after glass I found myself telling him all that was going on. He sat beside me and listened till I was drunk. Drunk enough to fall asleep.