Chapter 11: Brothers

*****
For Baby, my hot CEO's wife thank for always making me smile cutePHAVE
****

Jason

I scratched my head as I stood there leaning on a post with the  phone at my ears looking like a fool when she ended the call.

After we had our ice cream moment, I got hurriedly called back to base about a mission. We had to leave due to its urgency and I couldn't reach out to her.

The mission was hell; Asher got shot in the buttocks, how he managed to get a bullet there was still a mystery and  is something we will forever tease him about.

Immediately we were cleared today, I got a new burner phone and I was dialing her number which was sealed to my memory already. In my initial excitement I forgot that I was in Germany and the time difference to San Francisco was 10 hours so while it was four here it is well into the night over there it was when her groggy sleepy "hi" came out that I remembered and did the calculation.

I was chuckling at my foolishness. I kept acting like a school boy on his first date, around her or like  like a kid that had his candy in her bags.

Oh boy! She has been on my mind and messing with my thoughts big time.

The call escalated quickly and now, I stood here in shock after she told me to loose her number. One minute I was super excited to talk to her forgetting how tired the lack of forty hour sleep made me, then I went to pissed.

She had a man over.

With the way she approached me  when we first met, I'm pretty sure this was the normal for her.

I don't like the way that thought makes me feel and  I'm super confused at why I acted the way I did. Why I was so quick to reprimand her like a jealous husband or ex?

Because you were jealous.

Jealous of what exactly? We barely knew each other, but why did she have that man in her house so late at night?

Maybe he was her brother?

The voice clearly said 'come back to bed' why will she be sharing one bed with her brother?

I leaned against the post where I stood to get a little privacy from the boys. Although Ashley was airlifted earlier today to an hospital in Germany the rest of us were here waiting for our flight.

I felt like shit. My sleep deprived body was on a low now in addition with the sting of her rejection.

Why did her words hurt so much? So, she was just done with me like that?

Well, its not like we had anything going on before.

"What are you thinking about? Xavier asked whacking me on the back of my head. I shot him an evil look.

I wasn't even in the mood for him right now.

"Would you leave me alone please." I bit out harshly.

He laughed a small carefree laugh "why is your panties in such a big twist, you aren't even the one that got shot in the buttocks."

Do I look like I'm in the mood for your stupid jokes?