Chapter 67: Confrontations

‼️‼️So many swear words‼️

***
London.

Liz walked noiselessly towards the grave. The wet dew of the grass hit her boots as she passed, her fingers clutching the leather jacket she had on close to her frame to ward of the cold.

The eery quiet of the graveyard was unnerving in a way that made the hair on the back of her neck stood up. The entire place seemed hollow, in a way that made sense since it was place where bodies without souls laid. There was an overall head lamp shinning brightly illuminating the graveyard.

She stared at the white marble stone that sat upon the patch of grass and the moment his name caught her vision, the memories of the last time she saw him came pouring in. Since Jadesola, helped rip off the bands of her memory she could remember every little detail.

Fear knotted her belly in tiny knots and the sinking feeling inside her stomach returned. Liz chewed the inside of her lips and shuffled from feet to feet confused on whether to run or stay.

"You're dead" Liz stammered out. It was more of a confirmatory statement.

The silence of the grave was the only answer she got till it hit her. The grave couldn't answer back.

"You're really dead." She stated again as a matter of fact.

"Fuck you." She whispered.

"Fuck you" Liz shouted even louder. "Fuck you. Fuck you." She chanted her eyes growing wide.

Something was erupting inside her like a volcano. It was the voice of a little girl trapped inside her. A voice muted for as long as she could remember. From the very first time he told her to keep quiet and lay between her legs.

"Look at you? In this cold, hollow place, fuck you for taking so much from me." Liz thumped her chest and fell to her knees as the tears came out in torrent. She cried till she was exhausted on the wet grass.

"Is this where you are? This lonely place? I let you take so much from me and here you are now you can't even respond?" Like a demented woman she started laughing, the laugh bubbled out of her because coming here felt so empty.

What good will confrontation do to her right now? He couldn't even answer back? Here she finally was after fifteen years to let him know that she no longer was that girl he raped to the point of death. To scream that he needed to stop taking from her, but he couldn't even hear her.

Could the dead hear words? Did he have a semblance of peace on that end?

A rattle near her caught her attention and she leaped backwards only to see the bent old man who worked in the grave yard and directed her here when she came earlier.

"No one has a hold over you that you didn't give them access to, be it the dead or the living. If you don't want anymore just let go. Let ghosts be dead and the living live." He hissed loudly as he dragged the wheelbarrow he came along with filled with flower beds probably for the undecorated graves.

Another round of laugh bubbled from inside Liz as she looked at the grave in front of her. All this while, she thought he had her in prison but she was the one holding the keys. Fear can't have a home in your mind unless you feed it.

She sat there on the floor staring till the words on the marble became a blur and she couldn't see.

"I won. I take back my access, let ghosts be dead and let the living live." Were the last words that slipped out of her mouth as she walked out.

Liz could feel the shift inside of her, she knew she was never going to be the same. She came here for her baby, she came here to be sane and she was finally on the right path.