Chapter 44: Load and Shoot

*****
"Some days I just want to leave the negativity in my head
I just want relief from my stress
Some days I don't want to see or have a bunch of people to impress
I just want relief from my stress

Pressures pushing me from all sides
Insecurities of all kind
Hostage to my own pride

I'm not in the mood to have a conversation
And talk about a bunch of things
That I don't feel amazed with

All this negativity that I can't get away from
All this negativity I think I need a break from
I'm thankful but Some days___" My stress(NF)

******

The Unit platoon members sat in the tactical room of the special force Army base. The tactical room was designed such that it was soundproof and had wine coloured padded chairs littered by the sides with a big table in the centre which had a projector. In front of the room was a large computer screen that took more than half of the wall where case files and information's were usually displayed.

To the back where some military gear. Go_kit of each member sat on the bottom shelf. The bags contained rounds of ammo, GPS tracking devices, block guns, sharp knives and bulletproof vests.

Xavier had on his Chef uniform as he had come straight from the kitchen of his five star hotel in Miami and was seated gently scrolling through his phone. To his far left sat Anita; the super model had on a causal fit that spoke of elegance and class. Even on ripped baggy jeans and a tiny tank top she commanded attention that had nothing to do with how lethal she was when with guns. Her dirty blonde hair was pulled in a pony tail. As the only female in the platoon 4 she was used to their usual Jabber and taunts.

Except today something was different. The room was surprising quiet almost like everyone was off in their personal energies.

Jason was at the back and he hadn't said one single word to anyone since he arrived, the cap on his head drawn forward such that it covered his face. Hammed was sleeping in front after spending the night babysitting his new born. After two miscarriages he and his wife Leila finally welcomed their baby girl two weeks ago.

The deputy director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) entered alongside the Colonel and everyone got up to give the usual salute even Hammed who suddenly jumped awake.

"Take a seat people." The Colonel offered and everyone sat.

"We all know Asher went to Greece, two nights ago. So we will quickly do the usual monthly debrief. The deputy director of the FBI; Tom carter is also here as we got a new profile case coming up." His clear cut baritone boomed around the room.