Chapter 61: The voice from within

****
February, 2015.

"I hate you," Tiana screamed at him throwing her clothes quickly into a big brown duffel bag. She was gathering her clothes with so much haste.

"You hate me?" Jason asked through clenched teeth, staring at the heavily pregnant woman his life revolved around the last two years. "Is hate not a strong word to you Tiana?"

"This is all your fault. You knew about it yet you made me look like a fool." Tiana pushed her hair back and hurriedly kept gathering her things flinging off outfits from hangers.

Jason leaned against the door post suddenly drained of all his energy as he stared at the woman who was no more than a stranger.

"You hate me because I didn't let you steal from me to give to your lover? You hate me that much?" His eyes were confused. Jason didn't know what he did to deserve it, all he did was to love her.

"You could have confronted me. You made him look like a fool in front of everyone. You already have so much good softwares out there why couldn't you let him have just that one? Why did you let him launch it knowing it was a flop?"

"Because he is a fool and a coward. If he wanted it he could have done better than to use my wife." He screamed at her then his voice dipped with cold derision, "It's good you hate me then, I wish I never met you. I wish I listened and never married you."

"You don't mean that. You love me Jason. It was a mistake okay, you were travelling always and he..."

"Where are you packing to right now?" He asked instead cutting her short.

"The house in Santa Monica. I think we should just take a little while to deal with this." Tiana said as a matter fact dismissing him.

She always dismissed him how come he didn't notice that earlier? Maybe it was because she was always rude and condescending to those beneath her that he didn't see it immediately. Tiana was nice and sweet to people she cared for but he should have seen the red flag seeing her with others.

Slowly it began to dawn on him. How could he have thought he was in love with this woman. She was so narcissistic and self centered. The scales were falling from his eyes.

"You mean my house in Santa Monica. You can go, it's the only place I'll make accessible to you. Every cent of my money in all your black cards has been emptied. The only thing that belongs to you is the clothe you own. The moment my child is born I'll come for custody." Jason said it with a tone of finality that it was hard for Tiana to see the happy gullible man that ate from her hands and was in love with her.

Like a caged animal she began to lash out. "You can't do that to me Jason. You gave me bonds in the company. I'm not your prisoner."

"Of course not, you're leaving and I'm not stopping you. The next time we see will be to discuss the rights to our child."

"Just like that? All the love you proclaimed you have for me is gone just like that?" She raked moving towards him and began shoving him in the chest.

"How can I love someone who hates me? Does that make sense to you?" Those were his last words to her.

"The child isn't even yours, it belongs to Ignacio." Tiana had screamed to get a reaction out of him but he didn't stop. He didn't even spare her a backward glance.

The next time he saw Tiana was when she was wheeled into surgery and he had to sign the permission slip.

She had left the house after he left but instead of her to go to the Santa Monica Apartment she drove towards Ignacio's. She was leaving his apartment when her car was hit by a truck driver asleep at the wheels.