26| Rain

- Nothing really matters -

Hoseok looks confused, narrowing his eyes and imperceptibly moving away from me

Hoseok looks confused, narrowing his eyes and imperceptibly moving away from me. His wet raven hair, parted in the middle, falls in clumps over his forehead and he pushes it away in annoyance, revealing his forehead and furrowed eyebrows. He suddenly looks sideways, keeping his eyes on the foggy windshield.

Even in a moment like this I can't help but admire his profile, from his perfect nose to the slight swell of his lips and sharp jawline. His face really is heavenly.

"What do you mean 'you kissed someone else?'" he asks, turning to me once again.

I freeze, not knowing at all what to respond in a situation like this. Me, who's usually so good at expressing myself, lost all of my abilities in this moment and just stare back stupidly.

"When? How? Who?" asks Hoseok, raising his voice.

I take a breath, trying hard to find something appropriate to reply.

"At my house."

Good job Sage, that was exactly the right thing to say. Next time just slap yourself in the face, it will be as efficient.

"Sage, what the fuck!" he cries out.

I suddenly realize I have never seen him angry before. This is our first real fight. His angular eyes are narrowed, his lips, which are usually always smiling, are now forming a straight line. He looks older like that, colder, and meaner, almost unrecognizable, like he shifted into another person.

"Is it someone I know? Are you in love with him or something? Did it mean anything?" he demands.

Even his voice is different, down a few octaves like he swallowed a whole bottle of whiskey.

"I - I'm not sure..." I hesitate, blinking back at him.

Am I in love with Taehyung? I definitely have strong feelings for him... but how could I tell Hoseok that? I already hurt him enough as it is without twisting the knife in the wound and telling him all about my unconfessed infatuation for my ex best friend. It's not like this thing between me and Taehyung is going to lead anywhere anyway. Talking about it is useless.

"What do you mean, you're not sure? You can't just tell me you kissed someone else and then not give me any details!" spits Hoseok, so loudly I instinctively recoil against the window.

I'm not used to people screaming at me like that. I don't like it. I certainly didn't expect it from Hoseok who is usually so cool and composed. He seems to realize his tone is upsetting me because he suddenly takes a deep breath and calms down altogether, speaking a lot more softly when he addresses me next.

"Look, I'm ready to forgive you if it was an accident and it's never going to happen ever again. Just tell me it didn't mean anything... You didn't mean it right?" he says. almost a whisper.