3| Murder House

- You leapt from crumbling bridges watching cityscapes turn to dust -

Hoseok was telling the truth after all. I was half-certain it was some kind of prank, but this girl is very dead, and it is clearly not a joke. I'm suddenly glad I'm not alone. Taehyung observes the scene from  behind me and his presence in my back is comforting.

She's laying on her back, skin tight and ashen, eyes wide open and staring at the ceiling emptily. One of her pupils seems blown, red invading the white. She's half-naked, her skirt riding up and her jeans shirt open on a white bra, chest covered in nail scratches and red bruises. Her neck is a deep burgundy color and swollen, fingers imprinted in her skin, her lips pale and inflamed, ears bleeding.

"Looks like someone choked her to death," observes Taehyung and I nod, crossing my arms on my chest and incapable of looking away.

Luckily, I don't know this girl, but I still feel a shiver of horror running up my spine as I peer at the tangled blonde hair displayed around her head and her stillness so impassible, she looks like a wax statue.

Downstairs, the front door suddenly opens, and I turn around, amazed that the police arrived so fast.

"Hello?" someone chimes from below, and I can tell it's not the police at all.

"Jungkook?" yells Taehyung.

"Yeah, where is everybody?"

Taehyung turns around, calmly walking down the stairs and I follow him, entering the living room to find Jungkook, awkwardly standing on the entrance carpet, his gym bag on one shoulder and his hair still wet from his training.

Jungkook. Another familiar face from my past and that tragic day on the train tracks that changed everything. He's probably the one who has changed the least since. His features are still delicate and boyish-like, with soft wide doe eyes and supple lips, but he's far from being as lanky as he was, now all lean muscles and hard chest; the body of a swimmer.

"Hello Sage," he greets when he sees me, but he narrows his eyes, clearly reluctant, and turns to Taehyung, "What happened? What is she doing here?"

I cross my arms on my chest.

"Nice to see you too," I sneer.

He's the sinister one. Brilliant student, rich, wonderful athlete, the perfect golden boy, really, except he's kind of hostile and rude and straight-up ominous. He broke someone's arm once in the middle of the cafeteria because the guy was looking at him weirdly. He got suspended, but everyone applauded when he came back to school a week later. He doesn't smile, doesn't laugh, never had a girlfriend or friends outside of Taehyung, Yoongi, and Jimin. Something about him is bone-chilling and unpredictable.

And now he's looking at me with those dark eyes and It feels like thousands of ice needles are poking through my skin. Again, he turns to Taehyung and decides to ignore me.