43| Tear You Apart

- Wanna make out and kiss hard,
wait never mind -

- Wanna make out and kiss hard, wait never mind -

Taehyung's POV

It's still snowing outside, slow and steady. The white snowflakes look like shimmering gold under the streetlamps, not a gust of wind hindering their inevitable downfall... well except for Jungkook's hand; stretched out flat to try to catch one. As soon as the white crystals find their way to his open palm, they melt, leaving nothing but droplets of ice water.

Jungkook shrugs, putting back his hand in his pocket.

We're walking back to his house right now, just a little further than Jimin's house which we just left.

It was decided that we wouldn't take any decisions about what we would do with the film tonight. We need to sleep on it, talk about it to Yoongi too, make sure we really think this through before making any rash decisions that could have bad consequences.

For now, Sage is keeping the video in a secret file on her phone, and promised to make a copy on a USB key that she's going to hide under her mattress.

Thinking about Sage has my spine tingling. There was a moment in the closet, when Jin and Namjoon had left and only silence and darkness enveloped the both of us. Our bodies were close and she suddenly looked - really looked - at me with those grey eyes.

The tension rose a notch. Her irises were inviting, eyelids slightly hooded and something soft lighting up inside. I couldn't help staring at her lips, imperceptibly parted and dark pink against alabaster skin.

Honestly I was about to kiss her. The knot in my stomach was so tight I felt like I would suffocate if I didn't make a move. My hand itched to run into her hair, grabbing the back of her neck to bring her face to me, lips raw and ready, breaths melding until there was no more space to breathe from.

But I didn't do anything.

We just became friends again and I couldn't risk breaking the fragile bond we repaired this very night. Also, the last time I kissed her she rejected me so brutally, the few seconds of bliss her mouth provided weren't enough to be worth the month of cold shoulder I got next.

But she was with Hoseok then. She's not with him anymore.

Maybe she would let me kiss her now?

The hopefulness rising in my chest is sickening. I'm so weak when it comes to her.

Jungkook lets out a long sigh, looking down at his feet and I turn my attention to him.

"Are you alright?" I cautiously ask.

I'm usually pretty good at reading his expressions but right now I have absolutely no idea what's running in his mind.

He looks like a giant marshmallow; lean body disappearing in his white coat, hands in pockets, ears reddened by the cold. His eyebrows are frowned, fluffy black hair going in every direction.