8| Rock On

- You can't forgive what you can't forget -

"I thought she could help," says Taehyung, his lips pressed in a thin line

"Help with what?" asks Yoongi, eyes narrowed, pointy chin directed at me.

With his ruffled hair and clothes, he always looks messy and his expression is usually one of defiance.

"With the tunnel!" exclaims Taehyung, "she's thinner than us."

I bite my lower lip and I'm suddenly nervous. I don't know why I thought Taehyung had brought me here just to... spend time with me. Now that I think about it, I realize that the idea is ridiculous. Clearly, he needs something from me, and he knows he got enough dirt about my past to get me to do whatever he wants.

The tunnel... sounds like they found another one of those creepy passageways down here, which isn't such a surprise when I look at my surroundings. The abandoned brick factory is definitely on the creepier side.

I cross my arms on my chest, a shiver running up my spine. I don't like the way Jimin is looking at me, like some kind of desert he's ready to sink his teeth into. Meanwhile, Yoongi is straight-up mistrustful, and Jungkook doesn't even look my way.

I don't know which one of the three is worst.

"Please don't use the tunnel as a reason to bring girls here, just tell us the next time so we don't barge in," Jungkook asserts with a bored expression.

"Be careful. She's still a minor, I bet she would be happy to send you to jail," states Yoongi, turning around to leave and Jimin chuckles lowly.

"Wait!" I exclaim, and the three of them turn around to stare.

Jungkook with his dark doe eyes full of secrets, Jimin with his narrow coffee orbs, sly smirk drawn on his plumped lips, and Yoongi, devious and dangerous, assessing me from the shadows.

"I'm actually here to help with the tunnel!" I tell them.

I feel Taehyung's eyes on my profile, but I don't dare look at his reaction. I don't know why I'm lying and getting into this, but I feel like if I don't say something right now, do something to defend myself and get their attention, they're just going to leave, and never talk to me again, and this will be the end of it.

And I don't want that.

As shallow as it sounds, I want to be a part of their cool kids' club, and if I have to crawl in a dirty tunnel to get their trust, then so be it.

"Wait, really?" asks Jimin, cocking a perfectly defined eyebrow.

"Yeah! I didn't get the chance to explore the tunnel last time, so... here I am."

Yoongi and Jimin look at each other and shrug.

"Why her, though?" Jungkook asks, and I get he's not talking to me, so I turn to Taehyung.