10| Weakling

- And I was thinkin' to myself, this could be heaven or this could be hell -

I take a puff of my cigarette as the memory of Sage lingers on my mind, the sight of her gaze burning in my brain like a firefly, extinguishing all other recollection to focus solely on the way her eyes blaze like two burning coals

I take a puff of my cigarette as the memory of Sage lingers on my mind, the sight of her gaze burning in my brain like a firefly, extinguishing all other recollection to focus solely on the way her eyes blaze like two burning coals. They devour her surroundings with such passion I'm sure one day she will ignite me just by looking for too long.

Crazy how she's beautiful and she doesn't even know it.

She used to be scrawny and awkward, with dirty knees and hair that was always tangled in a bush around her head. But she's not a child anymore, her red hair is neatly parted in the middle, her skin is smooth and fair, and with her thin nose, full shapely lips, and delicate-looking features, she's uniquely attractive. Although the part of her face I like the most is definitely her eyes; wide, expressive, and feminine, bordered by thick pale eyelashes. Her irises are a faded grey, with a darker ring on the outside, and always make her look fierce no matter her expression. The red hair helps too, a definite sign of her Irish ancestry, a vibrant orange that makes her stand out from a crowd.

And her body. Fuck.

Her entire being is teasing me from afar, naked milky calves peeking out of her plaid skirt and accenting her ass and the curve of her waist. It's a pity she insists on wearing the school's baggy navy sweaters to hide the bust I know she has. From having four sisters, I have an unlikely amount of knowledge about lingerie, and I just know without a doubt she wears those lacey bralettes that don't have any support, because I can see her breasts wiggle up and down every time she takes the stairs and her nipples perk through her thick sweater in the cold corridors of the academy.

I admit, I might stare at her more than she knows.

I never intended to actually talk to her ever again, though, until our unlikely encounter in the basement of the Theta-Delta-Chi.

She was forbidden fruit, sacred and off-limits. I just couldn't resist.

Only sacred things deserve to be messed with.

"What are you thinking about?" Jungkook asks me, also taking out a cigarette from his pack and I offer him my lighter.

"Nothing. School stuff."

"Do you know where you're going next year?"

I look at him sideways, frowning. I don't like thinking about the future, it gives me anxiety.

"I don't know. My father wants me to work at the factory to get my sisters through college."

"And what about you?" Jungkook mumbles.

"What about me?"

"Tae... You're smart. You could go to university if you wanted to. And I'm not talking about our shit-town community college for druggies and low-lives, I'm talking about Binghampton or Niagara... you could even get a scholarship and go to Columbia if you wanted to."