20| Swamp

- Don't take me tongue tied,
don't kiss me goodnight -

The moon is setting over the horizon and Jimin and Yoongi are drunk by now

The moon is setting over the horizon and Jimin and Yoongi are drunk by now. I admit that I wasn't expecting to have as much fun as I am.

Their conversations are exactly like I imagined; deep and meaningful at time, philosophies about the future and the purpose of life giving me goosebumps, intertwined with dumb anecdotes that would all sound fake if it wasn't for them.

"I had sex with a teacher, once," says Jimin, and I laugh, thinking he's joking.

He wasn't.

"She wasn't even a teacher! She was just a university student majoring in teaching," argues Taehyung.

"Okay, but she was a substitute in one of his classes, so it still counts, give the man some credit," continues Yoongi.

Even Jungkook starts to loosen up as the night goes by, losing his careful stance to join the others in their banters.

"Was it Miss Gomez?" he asks.

"How did you know?" exclaims Jimin.

"Easy," I say, "She's the only substitute that wears tight skirts and shirts. Seriously, you just know she likes it dirty by the way she bends down every time she gets the chance to watch the boys in the first row drool over her."

A silence follows my statement and I freeze with a mouth full of chips, cheeks bulging as I widen my eyes. The four of them are staring at me with parted lips.

"What?" I ask, trying to swallow fast.

"Girls see those things too?" asks Yoongi.

"Huh... well, yeah? I mean... in her case it's pretty hard to miss how much of a slut she is..."

My comment is welcomed by their laughter and I join them, chuckling lowly.

"Hey! Yoongi!" interrupts Taehyung, "I bet you can't jump in between those two piles of rock."

I look in the direction in which he's pointing. The two peaks are far apart but the jump is feasible, however they are in the part of the quarry where there is water at the bottom, and if he falls, he will end up in the swamp.

"Challenge accepted!" exclaims Yoongi, then stands up and swallows the rest of his beer in one gulp, throwing the can at his side and wobbling towards the pile of stones.

He climbs up using his hands, the peak too steep to walk up, and soon finds himself overlooking the swamp, shaking his hands and jumping on the spot like an athlete preparing for the long jump. We all stand up, looking towards him and cheering as he prepares to jump.

"3...2...1..."

He leaps forward, using his arms to take an impulse and then jumps. He flies for a second, then heavily falls on the other pile of rock, facing us and bowing with a huge smile on his face. We applaud as he runs down the other side, joining us once again.