19| Bad Luck

- Nothing's gonna hurt you baby.
Nothing's gonna take you from my side. -

Hoseok is being a little bitch and it makes me want to cry

It's been a few days since the Halloween party, and I keep texting and calling him to find myself hitting a wall every time. He's ignoring me, which is really not his style and hurts more than I even thought possible.

Why is he even being like this? We did nothing wrong! Yeah, okay, maybe we almost crossed a line that night, but we didn't! I don't think I deserve to be punished for something like this...

We haven't been an official couple for very long; a few months only, and I feel like our relationship is quite fragile. Him ignoring me like this suddenly makes me doubt everything else and the feeling is not pleasant at all. I love him, I really do, but I still feel insecure about us sometimes and this lack of communication makes me realize that we aren't as solid as I thought we were.

I reread the last few texts I sent him, one in the morning and one at night, and dread creeps under my skin, poisoning my good mood.

Sage: I hope you're doing alright. I miss you.

Sage: Why aren't you answering! Please, let's just talk and we can figure this out.

The fact that I'm home alone on a Saturday night makes it worse. My father is at his casket convention and the house feels too empty without his presence. Usually, I would invite my boyfriend to watch movies and we would stay up and both fall asleep in front of the TV, but to do that, he would need to actually talk to me.

I'm quite annoyed that we're missing an occasion to be alone together, but I can't make him talk to me, so in the meantime I'm stuck in my big empty house doing nothing at all. At the moment, I'm curled up on the living room sofa watching the 1989 version of Pet Cemetery. The main character looks completely bored by his horror-filled life and even the jump scares barely make me flinch as I keep staring at my phone.

Crystal and Paris might be sleeping because it's already close to 11pm and they're not answering anymore. I'm about to close the TV and call it a night when my phone suddenly buzzes. I almost drop it on the floor in my excitement to see who texted me and wish with all my heart Hoseok is finally ready to talk.

My heart jumps when I see Taehyung's name.

Taehyung: Are you still awake?

Sage: Yes

Taehyung: Me and the boys decided to start a bonfire at the quarry. You should come

Sage: Right now?

Taehyung: Yes

It only takes me a second to decide.

Sage: Sure!