37| REᗡЯUM

- Another one bites the dust -

"Pass me the gun! I want to try too

"Pass me the gun! I want to try too."

"Hey! It's mine! Give it back!"

Yoongi and Jimin were the ones fighting for the weapon; slightly sweaty hands trying to grab the gun from the other. Taehyung and Jungkook were both looking at the spectacle from further, thinking they weren't exactly being brilliant.

The day was becoming increasingly hot and their radio couldn't pick up any signal anymore, white noise accompanying their journey instead of Chuck Berry. They had walked all the way to the North border of town, following the train tracks under a fiery sun.

Jimin had the barrel of the firearm in hand while Yoongi was holding the butt, both of them pulling while their other arm was slapping the air and trying to grab the other's hair in a ruthless cat fight. A movement to the left distracted Taehyung from the show, the thick fog erupting from above the treeline and the slight vibration of the ground warning his senses.

"Get out of the way, a train is coming," he shouted, eyeing the grey locomotive spitting black fumes from its chimney as it erupted from a curve with a loud shriek.

The ground started shaking, the heavy engine making its way towards the two boys who were still fighting for the gun in the middle of the railway. The train was 50 meters away when Jimin abandoned the game, jumping off the tracks. Yoongi, however, turned to the locomotive coming his way and smiled like a devil, aiming his gun at the front headlamp of the train.

"What the fuck are you doing? Get out of the way!" shouted Taehyung, whose eyes started widening as the locomotive was getting closer.

"I'm going to shoot the train!" he yelled back.

There was something in Yoongi's eyes at that moment; a delirious yet insightful glow which alerted the others, a determined glint, dangerously leaning towards insanity. The boy knew perfectly well what he was doing, and he was not going to get out of the way. He aimed, closing an eye, and fired the gun, which sent a bullet flying towards the locomotive, missing the headlight to smash against the metal smoke box with a metallic ping.

"Get away! Move! What the fuck are you doing!" yelled Jimin.

The boy directed the barrel again as the train was getting dangerously close, aiming again with one eye closed towards the headlamp. He fired, but the weapon emitted an empty click, the gun being all out of ammo.

Yoongi lost his smile, looking down at the object in his hands with a disappointed pout. Meanwhile, the others were screaming at him to get off the tracks.

The train was so close, a few more seconds and it would be too late for him. The convoy was steadily moving forward, oblivious to the small boy standing in its way.

"No!!" screamed Jimin, frozen in place.

Jungkook had his mouth open in silent horror, eyes so wide they were eating half of his face.