48| Don't Kiss and Tell

- I follow you, dark doom honey, I follow you -

Wind is hitting the thick polished glass mercilessly, dust dancing in a ray of sunshine above my eyes as students in uniform pass by, a disarray of blue and grey, polished black shoes hitting the squeaky tiles

"How do you know Jimin?"

Crystal and Paris had dragged me in a corner as soon as the third period bell had rung. The both of them now stand before me with their arms crossed and serious expressions drawn on their faces, indicating I'm definitely in some kind of trouble.

The atmosphere is bleak and icy, the winter sun bathing little patches of the hallway into a dull grey light. My hands are sweaty and I run them down my skirt, the plaid material ruffling gently against my thighs.

"Look," I say, "It's not like Jimin and I are friends or anything..."

I wouldn't qualify him as a friend, yet I did get imprisoned in a closet while his brother was having sex  behind the door... I guess this makes me a decently close acquaintance.

"Why was he talking to you then? It looked important! Do you know how he got a black eye?" Crystal asks, getting impatient.

It's lunchtime and everyone around us is walking to the refectory, not paying the least attention to the three of us, but I still put a straight finger against my lips, indicating they should make sure no one is able to eavesdrop on us.

"I - I don't think I.... I'm not supposed to say anything," I whisper.

Paris narrows her eyes.

"Since when do you keep secrets from us?"

"I'm not keeping secrets," I defend, which I now notice sounds infinitely more suspicious.

"Oh god, did his dad hit him?" Crystal asks, her eyes widening in concern yet her mouth stretches into an excited grin, knowing this is the kind of worthwhile information that could boost her popularity if gossiped about.

"No!" I whisper loudly, then I take both of my friend's shoulders in my grip, bringing them closer to me, "This is why I'm not supposed to say anything. I don't want to start any rumours. This problem doesn't concern me or anybody other than Jimin and his family, so blabbering about it to my friends is the last thing I should do."

Crystal huffs, her leather brogue nipping the ground impatiently.

"Look, me and Paris talked about you and we agreed that lately..."

"You guys talked about me?" I frown.

"You're acting kind of weird," Paris answers softly, "We feel like there are things you are not telling us."

Like Taehyung staying at my house for the holidays? Hoseok shooting Yoongi? The  high probability that Jimin's brother and his lover are after me and will try to murder me in my sleep because I'm partially responsible for ruining their lives?