42- Mom

Art class was so much more fun when she knew what she wanted to paint.

Evelyn had no clue what she wanted to paint.

She sat in front of the canvas dormant, the two blue eyes staring at her surrounded by the plain black background.

Luke's blue eyes were perfectly captured in that painting. The way they gleamed, sparkled in the sun perfectly exhibited that in the paints in front of her.

The stark contrast between the black surrounding and that blue was immense.

Yet, it was not a paradox. Nor did it feel complete.

"I am lost Ashton," She groaned, putting her paintbrush down in defeat, "I don't know what to add."

He gently geared her focus away from the painting, pointing towards a sketchbook instead.

"Just draw something here until your mind comes up with what to add."

With that, she was calm. Evelyn doodled with the paper in front of her until the shape of a face began to form.

Fuck. Am I drawing Luke again?

Hell yeah.

She smiled to herself, thinking about the boy. He was literally a work of art. His blond, curly  hair framed his face in a way that made him divine. His firm eyebrows softened around her, the gaze in his eyes only with love.

His soft pink lips. 

With that, the class quickly ended, and in front of her was a complete portrait of the boy. His stoic look was portrayed exactly as she imagined it, the light sketches of her pencil bringing together w firm jawline.

"That's so nice," Ashton hummed over her shoulder, "Let's get going though. We have to get to yours."

Right. Ashton, Luke, Kate, and Hailey were all coming to her house today.

Actually. Make this easier for all of us.

Calum is the only one not coming.

It's not that he was not invited or he was excluded; it is just that he was probably better off giving Michael some space.

And whether he knew it or not, he was safer staying away from Luke as well.

Evelyn's feet dragged against the floor, so exhausted she might have just slept right there and then.

As they turned the corner out of the class, Luke stood there, awaiting them. She felt herself began to stare, entranced in the view.

Luke stood in a white muscle shirt tucked into black jeans with a belt. His hair framed his face beautifully as he scrolled on his phone.

Not caring about the other people in the hall, Evelyn walked quickly to him and hugged him tightly, surprising the boy. He quickly reacted, wrapping an arm around the girl and reciprocating.

Regretfully, she had to pull away. Though she truly didn't want to, Michael could be somewhere near by.

Luke placed his hand for a moment on her cheek, the pad of his thumb swiping over her lip.