21- Maybe

Kate: Let me pick you up today. We haven't gotten much time together.

Evelyn paused, looking at the phone. Truth be told, she hasn't seen him for more than a few minutes these days.

"Hey Mikey," She turned to her brother, "Do you think Kate can join our hangout today?"

He looked over to his sister, seeing her hopeful gaze, "Well... He did used to come to our Fun Friday's. Sure. Why not?"

She smiled, silently thanking her brother. She smoothened down her sweatpants, straightening the tanktop under her open jacket, thankful her brother was far more organized than her.

He picked it out, the black jacket and black sweatpants contrasting the hot pink tanktop she had on.

A closet stood in front of her, full of shoes at the bottom. Michael's side was obviously organized to a T, as if he had take a ruler to each pair.

Evelyn's side, on the other hand.

Not so fun.

She fumbled through the shoes until she fished out a hot pink pair of shoes to match her tanktop.

A car honked outside, signaling it was most likely Kate.

She eagerly walked out of the house, locking the door behind her and turning towards the car in front of her.

It was not Kate's car. But instead, Luke's.

He sat there in the drivers seat, his buttoned shirt half open with his chest peaking through. Luke glanced over to her, tensing visibly.

"Uh.. hey," Luke looked up at the girl, scanning her small frame.

She looked down and tucked her hair under ear, "Hey."

He paused, "Did you manage to talk out what made you go in the rain last night?"

Her brain flashed back to Patrick's unwarranted touches.

"Patrick." She tried to shift herself out of his grip, but it was very tight. His hands held her in place.

The panic begin to settle in; her heart rate thumped harder. She shut her eyes tight, feeling dread settle in her throat. A knot began to form.

"Come on babe, don't be like that," Patrick murmured.

"No-No. No! Stop. Patrick-" She got up hurriedly, reaching for her bag and stuffing her notebooks in it.

He scoffed, running a hand through his hair before walking away, "Prude."

"Hellooo?" Luke waved his hand in front of her face, snapping her out of her flashback. 

She jolted back for a second, before remembering what he had asked.

"I just didn't feel like talking about it."

He made an ah sound, looking over her face.

Glancing over, Luke noticed Kate's car pulling up. At that same time, she heard the door of the house open, signaling Michael's presence. They both looked over to confirm it, before looking back at each other.

"Well," He paused, "Maybe you can talk to Kate."

"Yeah. Maybe."

She had been saying a lot of maybes these days.

Evelyn turned, walking over to Kate's car and sliding the door open.

"Hey Eve!" He reached over to give her a side hug, her doing the same.