18- Confrontation

this man is art. ART. so beautiful. God took His SWEET time on this man like wow.

ANYWAYS. THE BIG CHAPTER.

don't hate me after this pls.

"Let me walk you two to art class," Luke shuffled his bag, gesturing Ashton and Evelyn to start walking.

Hailey looked over to Evelyn, teaching to give her a hug and whispering, "Whatever is happening between you two better spill later."

Yikes.

Evelyn meekly followed behind the two boys, trying desperately to keep up with their long legs.

They were huge. Why did God only give me tall friends.

Finally, she huffed and spoke up, "You guys! Slow down!"

The boys turned around to look at her, Luke reaching a hand to put on the top of her backpack. He nudged her to walk beside him, slowing down a little to make time for her.

Evelyn looked up at Ashton, who was giving Luke a quick look, before turning to Evelyn, quickly wiping off the first face and smiling.

"Better?" Luke murmured, keeping his hand firm on the top of her backpack and her back simultaneously.

She looked at his face, only for a second. She was entranced by his smile, watching Luke bite his lip in a small before releasing it.

"Better," she spoke softly.

Finally they reached the art class. Ashton in his ridiculous fedora, walked in with large strides. He greeted loudly, "Mrs. J, how you doing?"

Luke and Evelyn laughed, turning to each other outside of the class.

"Well," Luke whispered, turning his head towards the direction he needed to head in, "I better get going."

"Yeah," Evelyn nodded, shifting her weight on her feet and beginning to turn around. Luke began to turn around and walk.

She had no idea what possessed her to do so, but she called back out, "Luke."

Luke paused, turning back around to make eye contact with the small girl. He hummed, waiting for her to continue her sentence.

"Can you wait for me after class?"

He smiled, putting a hand in his pocket, "Sure, Eve. I'll wait for you."

Eve. It sounded so good coming out of his mouth.

She smiled a wide smile, and without another word, she turned and walked abruptly into her classroom.

The teacher greeted her, gesturing her to sit in her seat before continuing the beginning of her lesson.

"Well, I have nothing left to say," Mrs. Jacqueline's heavy French accent covered her sentence, "Please continue with your abstract piece."

Evelyn groaned in frustration, putting her head down on the cool black table. "I can't think of anything. My. brain. is. empty."

Ashton laughed beside her, taking off his fedora and putting it on her head instead.

"Why'd you come in so much later than me?" He asked.

"I," Evelyn spoke, her face blushing red, "I was talking to Luke."

"You and Luke have been 'talking' a lot lately," Ashton teased, turning to look at the girl. Evelyn wanted to curl in a ball and die.

"I guess we have."