08- Busy

luke is rly a mood

Evelyn has absolutely no clue how she ended up in front of a restaurant, in the middle of the rain, with her makeup and hair ruined. 

She looked at herself in the reflection of the window and sighed, running a hand through her hair.

That was a deceiving statement.

She knew exactly how she got there, but really she has no idea how it all went downhill so quickly.

The day had started great, better than great actually, when the bell rang signaling lunchtime.

Evelyn walked up to their cafeteria table as Michael was waiting expectantly along with the rest of her friends. He looked at her with a pointer look, as if she was supposed to have done something.

"What?" She asked him as she placed her bag down.

"It's your turn to buy us lunch Eve," Michael said as she facepalmed, remembering it indeed was. Michael and Evelyn would take turns buying each other lunch for an entire week. Michael bought them last week, and it was supposed to be her turn now.

But no matter, she always made mistakes and profusely apologized as Michael waved it away. He knew his sister; he knew she'd forget.

He was quite forgiving with her anyways since she was his little sister; he couldn't not forgive her.

"I'll go do it now," Evelyn muttered as Michael rolled his eyes. She always forgot to do stuff; without him, she'd be a total mess.

She got up and pulled out her wallet, walking towards the line of people with trays.

She felt someone sling an arm around her shoulders and turned to see Patrick. She smiled as he placed a possessive kiss on her lips before smirking at her. "Hey babe."

Evelyn felt his hand move down to her waist as she looked into his light blue eyes.

"Let's go on a date today," He said casually as she looked at him surprised and perplexed. It was a Tuesday, not really a day to stay out late.

But he usually didn't ask, so she nodded and smiled.

They were to meet up at a fish restaurant close by. It wasn't the kind of restaurant she'd go on dates to, but she would deal with it. No matter the place, she loved him the same.

They hadn't gone on a date in a while; he was always either busy or he just never asked. Evelyn sometimes asked him to, but she didn't mind.

He couldn't be the only one in this relationship.

But this was a pleasant surprise.

When she returned to Michael with their trays, there was a smile beaming on her face. She put the disgusting and oily food in front of Michael and ate hers.

After the mediocre school lunch, she had an art class; it was serene.

She gently drew in a flower with all of its surroundings, which would've seemed normal. She was going to leave it at that, a charcoal pencil drawing of sunflowers.

Evelyn was about to turn it in when her eye caught the beautiful yellow on her paint pallet. She put some on her paintbrush absentmindedly and was absolutely in love with the color.

She painted a single flower yellow.

To her, it symbolized two things.

It displayed hope, how there was a sliver of hope no matter how desolate life was. She liked that idea as she crossed her arms, pleased with her drawing.