34- A Picnic and More

Dates.

Dates are scary.

When was the time I went on a real date?

Evelyn flattened her dress, staring at her reflection in the dresser mirror. It was a soft pink dress with cherries littered all over. The mid-thigh dress beautifully framed her figure, with tighter top and a flowy bottom.

Patrick hadn't taken me on a date in over a year.

"Ah shit, the tag," she mumbled to herself and ripped off the piece of cardboard before smoothening her wavy hair and sitting in front of her mirror.

She quickly put on a little mascara with some blush, highlighting her cheek bones and rubbing a pink swipe of lipgloss.

Her phone started to vibrate: perfect timing.

Luke's name appeared on her phone indicating a call.

"Hii," she smiled, though he couldn't see it. Evelyn fumbled around to put on socks while trying to keep the phone on her ear.

"Hey baby, I'm outside," his deep voice filled her ears as she nodded.

Wait, he can't see me.

"I'm coming," she cleared her throat before hanging up and walking out of her room.

Now, to avoid my brother and dad.

She quietly creeped through the halls as if not to wake anyone- though everyone was already awake and it was half past 4.

Finally, she made it to the main door: her eyes darted around as if a mouse looking for its predator.

"I'm going to Hailey's!" she shouted down the hall, and when no objection occurred, she grabbed her boots and stuffed them on.

Doc Martens- you gotta love them.

Evelyn glanced around once more, before shuffling her keys to open the door and exit the house.

Easy.

There, Luke was, standing against his car on his phone, not yet paying attention. A leather jacket framed his upper body, a a pink floyd black t-shirt and black leather pants underneath.

Oh my god, I'm dating George Clooney.

She walked up to the boy, his attention now on the girl. His eyes widened as he looked at her dress. He hadn't seen her wear one in, well, forever.

Not one as beautiful as this.

"Wow," his eyes dazed over her in awe, "You look beautiful."

Her face went red as she jokingly spun around for him. The edge of the dress flared up like a flower, "You like the dress?"

Luke glanced up to the house to make sure nobody had come out for whatever reason, before pulling her by the waist into his body.

She let w small gasp leave her lips at the impact. He hummed at her, looking down at the dress once more before up at her eyes.

"You got ready for me?" He grinned. The girl felt her body swoon into him, as well as her heart.

"I did," she was proud of herself, though her blushing showed just how much she liked his approval.

He hummed once more, leaning down to her ear, "You look beautiful baby."

Though he had already said it before, she reveled in the way the word left his mouth. It was like candy, dripping with honey as though he could do no wrong to her.