28- Sleep Over

After everything that had happened with her boyfriend- ex boyfriend, she reminded herself, Evelyn began to spend more time at Luke's house.

Nothing would happen, of course. She was a little traumatized to say the least. All she could ask for was a friend at the moment. And Luke was there for her, especially for that.

Telling her brother what Patrick had done to her and Kate was on the top of the list of the hardest things she's had to do. At first, he wanted to kill Patrick. When he found out that Luke had beaten him to it, however, he was satisfied. Albeit Calum was suspicious of Luke's revenge, he simply chalked it off to protecting his friend's sister.

Friend's sister. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah right.

Luke and Evelyn sat on his bed, watching the TV in front of them as the bright screen lit up their faces. Thankfully, Hailey offered to cover for Evelyn, telling Michael she was at her house.

They were currently in the middle of watching the Office.

"Why do you like this again?"

Evelyn turned to the boy, shoving him with her shoulder.

"You love it."

Though Luke would never admit it, he most definitely loved it. Only because she did.

As another episode began to play, Luke felt a soft weight on his shoulder. He glanced over to see the girl falling asleep on him, struggling to stay awake.

He slowly adjusted the girl to lay her down, as she opened her eyes a bit more.

"No no, I should go home." Evelyn attempted to sit up as Luke gently pushed her shoulders back down. She barely resisted, the exhaustion apparent through her body.

She hadn't really told Luke, but ever since she found out about Kate and what Patrick had done, she couldn't sleep. Evelyn averaged about two hours of sleep every night, and it was showing in class. Her falling asleep with her head in her hand, snoozing at lunch.

"Eve just stay here; you look dead."

Her head lulled to the side as she scoffed, eyes barely open as she struggled to sit up, "Thanks Luke. I should really go."

Evelyn really really did not want to go. Not at all. Not even a little bit. She rathered stay and sleep here, with Luke.

"Baby," he murmured, brushing the hair gently out of her face, "Please just sleep over. I know you haven't been sleeping well."

Baby. There it was again. It was as if he could ask her to do anything, and if he followed it with the word baby, she would do it. Finally, she stopped resisting; she didn't even want to leave in the first place.

Thank God for Luke's stubbornness.

Evelyn rested her head back, gripping the sheets to better wrap herself in and tucking it under her chin. She felt the bed dip and then spring up with a shift in weight.

Luke was leaving the room.

Evelyn opened her eyes slightly, reaching out into the air, with her lip pouted  and cheeks flushed, "Wait. Stay here with me."

Luke hesitated, turning to look at the girl. She was curled up on the bed, so small compared to the large white sheets. He bit his lip, really not wanting to intrude on the girl's privacy.

His thought process was taking far too long, and the girl began to get impatient, "Luke come on."

Good enough for me, he thought to himself. Luke easily slid out of his shirt, fitting himself under the blanket. He laid down carefully, watching the girl shift as his weight moved the bed.