61- Self Medicate

i wrote this chapter really fast so if you see any grammar mistakes feel free to point them out!!!

Evelyn had never been one to self medicate.

Especially not with drugs. Alcohol only touched her lips when she was sipping wine with her family, just a sip.

So it surprised Hailey when Evelyn willingly agreed to go to a bar with her.

It all started when yet another Friday passed and they were not in the "Fun Friday's" group. They couldn't all have dinner together- they couldn't even all be in the same room together.

It just didn't work with Evelyn, Luke, and Michael. As much as they all would have liked it to.

Hailey, Kate, and Evelyn rolled around restlessly in Kate's house. They were bored, all tired. Which was normally, considering the fact that there is never anything to do for teenagers.

Then, the girl turned to Evelyn, mischievously smiling at her friend. It was a long shot- a really long one.

But Hailey asked if Evelyn wanted to go out to a bar, for girl's night.

She didn't know why she agreed. In fact, Evelyn had absolutely no reason why she agreed to go out for drinks.

Nevertheless, there they were.

Both of them looked old enough, smart enough that the bartender did not even bother to check for ID. She was lucky, too.

Hailey may have been sly, but Evelyn was a bad liar.

"To getting over shit," Hailey cheered, tipping her glass sloppily against her best friend's.

Evelyn responded, almost slurring already, "You're in a great relationship. You don't need to get over anything."

Hailey thought about it for a moment, before drinking down the burning liquor anyways, "I'll pretend to be mad at Ashton."

They giggled, beginning to take another round of drinks from the bartender.

A man slid up next to her, smiling coolly. His grey eyes met hers, twinkling with confidence and a slight tone of arrogance.

"How are you gorgeous?" The man leaned towards Evelyn. She ducked her head, blushing. Not out of flattery- but out of embarrassment.

Hailey stood up, baring her teeth at the man. Already tall, the girl's heels put her at taller than the man hitting on Evelyn.

"Back up man," Hailey shooed. The guy rolled his eyes, slipping away back into the background crowd.

They turned to each other, giggling.

Leave it to Hailey to scare the men away.

——

"Miss," The bartender touched Evelyn's hand, the girl nearly slumped over on the bar. Her face touched the cool wood as he spoke, "Is there anyone I can call for you?"

Hailey spoke out sluggishly, "I'll call Ash."

"Luke!" Evelyn fumbled with her bag, "I'll call Luke."